Spot on naso tang

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had this guy about a 9 months after I sold my regular naso cause I wanted a blonde naso anyway I noticed this big white area today anything i should be concerned about? Or does it look like maybe he injured himself maybe in the rocks
IMG_20210428_140137.jpg
IMG_20210428_140112.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See how there is a halo around the smaller dark spot? That is seen either as a bacterial infection (the bacteria grows in a circular pattern) or it could be blanching as a result of an injury. If I had to guess, I'd say the latter, and that another tang took a swipe at it. The only thing giving me a bit of a pause is the location - in my experieince, tang "hits" are usually a bit further back on the fish's body.

Jay

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See how there is a halo around the smaller dark spot? That is seen either as a bacterial infection (the bacteria grows in a circular pattern) or it could be blanching as a result of an injury. If I had to guess, I'd say the latter, and that another tang took a swipe at it. The only thing giving me a bit of a pause is the location - in my experieince, tang "hits" are usually a bit further back on the fish's body.

Jay
thanks i guess all i can do is keep an eye on it for the next few days if it does turn out to be bacterial i have furon-2 kanaplex and metroplex on hand i can treat him in one of my QT tanks plus he's a slow swimmer so he would be easy to catch

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, watch it closely. If it gets much larger, you should pull it for antibiotic Rx. Fingers crossed!
Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back