Spot on yellow coris wrasse

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed this spot on my yellow coris wrasse on the tailfin is the only place I can see one very occasionally I see him escape his body on the PVC in the tank hes eating fine and everything besides that slight scrape here and there could flukes cause this behavior or is this most likely ick and I know wrasse are sensitive to copper so how could I go about that in a safe way thank you
Screenshot_20180816-141546_Gallery.jpeg
20180816_141516.jpeg

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a disease expert, but I've moved this thread to a forum where there are many.

drstardust

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah wrasses are sensitive to...everything lol. Much success has been had with using Copper Power (chelated copper) and ramping it up slowly to a therapeutic level over over 7 days or so. Using the Hanna copper checker and targeting a level of 1.75 has been the way to go. @HotRocks has a very helpful thread on this topic, and has performed calculations for exactly how much Copper Power to add per unit volume, etc.

OP
OP
johnsamm7

johnsamm7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the response I have cupramine is there any specific formula for using that

drstardust

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not aware of a formula for cupramine, but the problem with it is it's an ionic copper which may be more poorly tolerated by a wrasse, and has a much lower therapeutic range of 0.4-0.5. I would not go higher than that, and going lower can make it less effective. If you don't have a Hanna checker I would personally steer clear.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back