Spot or bruise on wrasse

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn’t notice this in the store so wondering if it got it when they were trying to catch him. He didn’t make it easy on them. In any case, it is very slightly raised. Currently treating kana and metro in food as a QT mate appeared to have a distended belly but this is external. Not sure if I can/should treat the tank in addition to the food? It’s the dark green spot.

Fish is eating extremely well and otherwise acting fine though I’ve seen him flash one time.

8f6ecbc78b7ac23e579c01846635b1b0.jpg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like he might have been stung by a coral or anemone while they were trying to net him.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just watch him. My wrasses get occasional bumps or marks when they dive into the rockwork. I would think he'd be fine.

OP
OP
Radman73

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like he might have been stung by a coral or anemone while they were trying to net him.

No corals or anemones in his tank.
I would just watch him. My wrasses get occasional bumps or marks when they dive into the rockwork. I would think he'd be fine.

But, he was diving anywhere and everywhere including under rocks. It's what I suspected, but wanted a second opinion. I'll give it some time to heal before I start copper but a sleeper goby has started flashing so I don't want to wait too long.

Thanks to both of you.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell without a clearer photo and better light but my suspicion is that this is hypermelanization from an injury or just a healing injury that will heal up fine most likely.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back