Spot or bruise on wrasse

Discussion in 'Fish Disease Treatment and Diagnosis' started by Radman73, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Radman73

Radman73 Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Didn’t notice this in the store so wondering if it got it when they were trying to catch him. He didn’t make it easy on them. In any case, it is very slightly raised. Currently treating kana and metro in food as a QT mate appeared to have a distended belly but this is external. Not sure if I can/should treat the tank in addition to the food? It’s the dark green spot.

Fish is eating extremely well and otherwise acting fine though I’ve seen him flash one time.

[​IMG]

Tags:

2. Big G

Big G Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Looks like he might have been stung by a coral or anemone while they were trying to net him.

3. Robink

Robink Valuable Member ETRC Member Build Thread Contributor

I would just watch him. My wrasses get occasional bumps or marks when they dive into the rockwork. I would think he'd be fine.

Zack K likes this.
  4. Radman73

Radman73 Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

No corals or anemones in his tank.
    But, he was diving anywhere and everywhere including under rocks. It's what I suspected, but wanted a second opinion. I'll give it some time to heal before I start copper but a sleeper goby has started flashing so I don't want to wait too long.

Thanks to both of you.

Robink and Big G like this.
  5. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018 Partner Member 2019

Hard to tell without a clearer photo and better light but my suspicion is that this is hypermelanization from an injury or just a healing injury that will heal up fine most likely.

Radman73 and Robink like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted