Spotlight on the AI Prime HD | BRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hedgeclipper2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really wide. I think its 36x18
Technically AI says this light has a 24" spread, but I don't find that adequate enough and that is too much shadowing. Recommended is 18" spread minimum. So I would say 2 should cover a tank this size depending on what you are keeping. Softies and LPS would be fine I would imagine (which is all I have as well).

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have 2 on a 60 gal and its 24x24x24 its a bit of an overkill but i have the lights with a 20% reduction

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have 2 on a 60 gal and its 24x24x24 its a bit of an overkill but i have the lights with a 20% reduction

Edgar F

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If mine is 36 x 18 x 24. And I get 2 would I need to reduce mine?
you should start with acclimation you dont want to burn your corals. i stopped at 20% because that when my corals show a lot of extension and growth . i guess it depends on your tank.

Res_Ipsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay R Capili - I also have a 36x18" display tank (but mine only 16" deep). I have 2 AI Primes on it now and I think they're adequate, but I'm adding a third because #1 it's low cost and #2 it's pretty much all about good coverage versus spotlight intensity from what I've read.

Jay R Capili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay R Capili - I also have a 36x18" display tank (but mine only 16" deep). I have 2 AI Primes on it now and I think they're adequate, but I'm adding a third because #1 it's low cost and #2 it's pretty much all about good coverage versus spotlight intensity from what I've read.

How many inches do you have yours above the water?

Res_Ipsa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jay R Capili mine are about 8” over the water. The pic here shows the 2 I have and getting the third from a local reefer this week.

My tank is only 16” tall with 14” of water so I don’t need a ton of penetration. I don’t have any corals at the moment since the tank is only a month old, but I’ll throw in some softies and think they’ll be fine.

7473E703-A07A-4AAA-A991-D8BEE69B43D8.jpeg

Byron malta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today we've got another LED Spotlight video and today, I'm detailing the AquaIllumination Prime HD!

Don't hesitate to share your Prime HD tanks with us and let us know how they are working for you! :)

If multiple primes are connected, do you have to adjust spectrum/intensity separately? Or you can adjust them as a ‘whole unit’?

Thanks for your informative videos. Awesome job

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If multiple primes are connected, do you have to adjust spectrum/intensity separately? Or you can adjust them as a ‘whole unit’?

Thanks for your informative videos. Awesome job

I think others have mentioned here that you can "pinch" or use two fingers to bring down the schedule as a whole. If they are all grouped together, then this would affect each of them at once. :)

DiazE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone having trouble with ai prime sol blue hd using myai app? Not connecting, program loss, etc. Stumbled upon reviews for the myai app on google pay.

Back