9DE8B263-8BD7-4CCC-A086-BA40062F81F6.jpeg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I really can't see anything under blue lights. Can you try for some shots under white/natural light? A short video might help as well. Additionally, we need some background information about the tank and the fish. Some helpful hints are listed here:

Jay

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im no expert so wont even try but very hard to see any fish pictures under blue lights.i see often alot say post under white lights

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looks like something in additional to Jay's assessment on its' body ? Pics are fuzzy. Looks like fish is in a bag. Was this just purchased ? If so- DO return it and if they truly sold this fish to you in this condition, Take my advice:
SHOP AT A DIFFERENT STORE . . . even if you have to drive an hour away. Chances are , their systems are connected sharing same filter and water and other fish may be sick

OP
OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like something in additional to Jay's assessment on its' body ? Pics are fuzzy. Looks like fish is in a bag. Was this just purchased ? If so- DO return it and if they truly sold this fish to you in this condition, Take my advice:
SHOP AT A DIFFERENT STORE . . . even if you have to drive an hour away. Chances are , their systems are connected sharing same filter and water and other fish may be sick
Yes I just bought it. I called the store and told the owner about it but he said he’ll bet it’s just excess mucus from stress and that it should be safe to put in my tank. I have to take Ubers back and forth and it’s about $50 total on good days so if I take it back and he says it’s not an infection I’ve now wasted $130 on the fish plus rides

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes I just bought it. I called the store and told the owner about it but he said he’ll bet it’s just excess mucus from stress and that it should be safe to put in my tank. I have to take Ubers back and forth and it’s about $50 total on good days so if I take it back and he says it’s not an infection I’ve now wasted $130 on the fish plus rides
Not sure how:
a- he can assess a fish without seeing it
b- sell a fish like this unless he wears the same glasses as Mr. Magoo
c- how this fish after or within an hour has produced such mucus and obtained such stress

Again- I would seek a different store. Take clear(er) photos and show him what lack of care and knowledge he possesses.
Fish is curable but now you are talking about obtaining anti-biotics, etc and if you have to take the same ride to get these meds- Take the fish Back instead.

Mr magoo:

1625275355875.png

OP
OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how:
a- he can assess a fish without seeing it
b- sell a fish like this unless he wears the same glasses as Mr. Magoo
c- how this fish after or within an hour has produced such mucus and obtained such stress

Again- I would seek a different store. Take clear(er) photos and show him what lack of care and knowledge he possesses.
Fish is curable but now you are talking about obtaining anti-biotics, etc and if you have to take the same ride to get these meds- Take the fish Back instead.

Mr magoo:

1625275355875.png
I’ll call back tomorrow and see if he’ll exchange it

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Jaden9933

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh, if it came from the store like that they never should have sold it to you - the lesion is so large that the fish is having trouble swimming.
Jay
I know I feel so bad for it and hate that I don’t have another tank to quarantine it in. I feel like he may not take it back but I’m sure as hell gonna try. I just called him again to tell him I’m sure it’s an infection but he didn’t answer.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back