Spotted manderin (Synchiropus picturatus)

SaltBabies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The book doesn't have mandarins. You need parvocalanus or some other small pelagic pod around 50 microns. To raise parvo you need t-iso

OP
OP
Surfzone

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Collected eggs last night
1026180009_zpssfdd2cka_edit_1540538259034.jpg

If they are fertile then a hatch should happen tonight

Last edited:

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. I finally just got mother male mandrin, so I have two females and one male. Very healthy. I have the thread “Breeding the Striped Blenny”. I also breed many other species of fish and shrimp, to include several pairs of clownfish. I wanted to try and find someone to work with as far as trading research with regards to the Dragonette family to include the Mandarin fish. I’ve got a few nice leads but not having any spawns as of yet. It hasn’t been that long. But since this will be my first broadcast spawner, I’ll need to make an egg harvestor. How are you accomplishing this? Have you collected and hatched anything yet? I’ve been want to try for awhile and I’m excited at the prospects. Thanks for sharing and I’ll follow you to see how u progress. I’m happy to talk with anyone regarding my methods and so forth. I don’t keep my secrets. I don’t like that.

OP
OP
Surfzone

Surfzone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had any eggs hatch since the first spawn that I collected. I've been collecting the eggs by hand, but I do have the plans for an egg collector that I'm yet to build.
I've been thinking of trying a different male in the tank to see if it is just him who isn't getting it right

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back