Spotted Porcelain Crab in 25 Gallon

bvanfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering if you can keep multiples of spotted porcealin crabs. I am talking about the white and red looking ones. I do have an anemone that they could go into if they want. I guess I am questioning if I can do like 1 or a pair or 3 of them in a 25 gallon tank. I think they are cool and would like to see them moving about. I do have the dwarf blue hermits, not sure if they will mess with them? Thank you!

OP
OP
bvanfish

bvanfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump, my LFS has a decent sized one for 28 bucks, any ideas if this guy will irritate my chicago nem?

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would put multiple in if they have adequate space to make their own. Doesn't have to be a nem. Mine sits on the tip top of the rocks in my 10g filtering all day, and that is his and only his. The other porcelain crab (green) moves all around the tank but leaves that space alone.

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got two in a 15 gallon, one hosts in a blasto, and the other hosts in a branching hammer. Pretty funny little guys.

srobertb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wondering if you can keep multiples of spotted porcealin crabs. I am talking about the white and red looking ones. I do have an anemone that they could go into if they want. I guess I am questioning if I can do like 1 or a pair or 3 of them in a 25 gallon tank. I think they are cool and would like to see them moving about. I do have the dwarf blue hermits, not sure if they will mess with them? Thank you!
Yes. But sexxing them is beyond my abilities. I have found if I am lucky they’ll share but often will not. I have 10-15 anemones across 6’ of tank so it’s not an issue for me.

If they aren’t friends, sa la vie. One will find a home elsewhere.

Sexy shrimp are also a great option as they will share and are interesting and fun to watch.

OP
OP
bvanfish

bvanfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet thank you everyone I think I may go grab this guy and see if I can find another some other time!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 67 85.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back