Spring seminar april 24th

sailfintang

CMAS Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Annual Spring Seminar Is Approaching Very Quickly!

Saturday April 24, 2010

Please join us for this one of a kind event featuring two exciting speakers!! CMAS is pleased to welcome Mr. Mark Vera and Mr. Marc Levenson

CMAS Presents Mr. Mark Vera of Phyto 2

Mark Vera has been keeping marine aquariums since 1991 during which he has worked in many capacities of the aquarium industry. In addition he has worked on various personal and public research projects and spent two years breeding H. reidi and is currently serving as President of MOFIB, the Marine Ornamental Fish & Invertebrate Breeders Association. Being an active Divemaster, Mark travels extensively diving lakes, rivers, and oceans throughout the world and is a regular aquarium diver at the worlds aquarium the John G. Shedd Aquarium. Between travels Mark owns and operates a specialty aquarium installation and service company and contributes as staff on C… The Journal of Aquatic Science. Mark is also the creator of the Phyto2 and Zoo2 product lines and continues research on the value of live Plankton in the captive aquarium and natural aquarium life support.

CMAS Presents Mr. Marc Levenson of Melevs Reef

544.marclevenson.jpg.thumb.jpg

Known to most as melev, Marc has been in the hobby for 12 years. He runs a website called Melevsreef.com - Welcome! that is designed to help hobbyists everywhere. His site started off as a single page many years ago talking about my 29g, but the page grew longer and longer. It was like a never-ending blog, until one day he started Page Two about a new project for my tank - a sump. Over time, the site grew to include additional topics of interest such as acrylic work, photography, critter identification, solutions to a variety of pests, information about his tanks, lighting, feeding, and more. There is always something new being added as time permits. Now entire sections are themed so that you can stay in a particular train of thought. He's begun the task of translating some popular pages into other languages to reach more individuals globally.

After being online for years, he became part owner of a reef-related podcast. Reefcast.com which now has 30 different episodes available for download. Most of them are audio downloads in mp3 format but there are a few vidcasts mixed in as well. We keep it casual, fun, and still cover a variety of topics to help others be successful reef keepers.

He has been a fan of MACNA since 2002, been on the BOD for MASNA.org for a year, and on the BOD for DFWMAS for over four years. I was the club president of DFWMAS for three of those years, working to keep the membership growing and provide interesting content both online and at our monthly meetings. He has written a few magazine articles both online and in print, and was a contributing author to an e-book called Reefkeeping Basics. For the past two years, he's spoken to a number of clubs across the nation. In his spare time, he's the editor of Reefkeeping Magazine, too. And between all of that, he still finds time to care for a 280g reef that is his pride and joy.

refreshments.jpg

Included with your admission, we will also supply a light breakfast, coffee, water and soft drinks, as well as Lunch to all attendees!!

cost-1.jpg

CMAS Paid Members:
At Door Registration - $10

Non CMAS Members:
At Door Registration - $15

Vendors:
PreRegistration Required - $25

We ask that everyone pre-register because we need an accurate head count
for the food quantities. Thanks.

schedule.jpg

9:00-9:30 Registration/Sign In
9:30-9:45 Welcome/Opening Comments
10:00-11:30 Mr. Mark Vera
11:30-12:30 Break for Lunch
1:00-2:30 Mr. Marc Levenson
3:00-3:30 CMAS Coral Growout Contest
3:30-4:45 Socializing/Vendor Sales/RAFFLE!
4:45-5:00 Cleanup! Everybody OUT!

** tentative schedule subject to change **

location.jpg

Old Mill School
610 Patriot Lane
Millersville, MD 21108

Directions can be found Here.

vendors.jpg

Jeff Haddock

If you're interested in becoming a vendor please contact William Koester
by email [email protected]

Raffle.jpg

(2) $25 Gift Certifitcates, good for free addmission, donated by The National Aquarium in Baltimore

(2) $25 Gift Certificates donated by Fish n Reef

(4) $25 Gift Certificates donated by Pacific East Aquaculture

(4) $25 Gift Certificates donated by Reef Cleaners

MP10 Pump donated by Ecotech Marine

Snapper 18 Pump donated by Reeflo Pumps

5 Stage RO/DI Unit donated by Air Water & Ice

A Premium Line of Aquarium Additives donated by SeaChem

A Premium Line of Aquarium Additives donated by Marc Weiss

A Premium Line of Sample Aquarium Additives donated by Microbe Lift

ORP Controller dontated by Aquatic Life

Cayman Sun 150 watt Metal Halide Pendant dontated by Hamilton Technologies

T5-High Output dual 54 watt Retro Kit donated by Reef Geek

(2) 500 gram tubs of MarineGro Pellet Foods donated by Red Sea Fish

A variety of Fish food packages donated by San Francisco Bay Brand

(2) 5 Gallon Instant Ocean Salt Mix dontated by Aquarium Systems, Inc.

(4) Swing Arm Hydrometers donated by Aquarium Systems, Inc.

There are still a handful of donations waiting to be delivered. I will continue to update the list as they trickle in!!​

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back