# SPS Color Increase Series. Mystery of color increase (3)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The new algae in the tank wall is highly close to your coral symbiotic algae.

**Note**

So far I cannot prove if they are the same kind so I said it is highly close. This article is not much content and easy to understand, but it will lead you into a clear direction, so the value is very high.

Pay attention:

1. The following applies equally to all LPS containing symbiotic algae.

2. The new tank because it is not stable, fluctuations will be larger, so if it is a new tank, unless a serious problem, otherwise there is no need to rush to chaos adjustment.

3. Because the long-term do not rub the bottom of the tank wall will be algae interference, it will be difficult to judge. So this article mentioned in the tank wall algae phase, must be a new growth after viewing surface wipe the situation, and then look at the past from the side of the color.

4. Under special circumstances, some of the fish friends did not raise the head of this type of fish, the tank wall may multiply eat algae protein worms or other organisms, then the tank wall algae due to biological repression, the color may be difficult to judge.

Now let's to talk about the specific situation.

First : Almost no algae

Almost no algae definition : At least 5 days can find a little white layer of algae. At this point you can be understood as: your tank algae nutrient is extremely scarce, so the White is very light layer. Similarly, SPS symbiotic algae will lack nutrients, will become white, almost no coffee color, the color is very light, and color increase first spit algae similar to the principle, part of the coral is extremely flirtatious fluorescent color display. When this problem occurs, it means that you in-tank nutrients are extremely low and your corals may be on the verge of death at any time.

Second : A layer of green

Green layer is define as: About 3-5days show a layer of green. You can understand this point as: The environment of your tank are suitable the green series algae, and sufficient nutrients, usually NO3 is high, so the tank wall for a few days on a thick layer thick green. Similarly, the symbiotic algae of SPS will be similar to the tank wall. The green symbiotic algae are dominant in growth conditions, and corals containing green symbiotic algae will gradually turn green, and other colors will become very rich and coffee color. When this kind of problem occurs, it means that you in-tank nutrient is very rich. Your LPS color is usually very rich. SPS also turns green and becomes coffee. It is likely to exceed the range suitable for SPS, so some SPS growth may not be good. Personal advice is recommended to reduce your nutrient salt unnecessarily you are planning to raise watts and LPS.

Third: Brown or even red are fatal.

As I said before, the imbalance including the high proportion of inorganic phosphorus caused by brown algae, organic phosphorus proportion of red mud caused by high bacterial membrane. And as before, you can be understood as: your tank environment is very suitable for brown algae, so in addition to a small amount of monochrome SPs, all of your SPS will seriously become coffee (and imbalance will produce toxic, SPS easily peeling death). This time, no matter what method you can use, you must solve the imbalance problem first, let the tank wall back to normal color. If you do not solve it, you will not have any good results in any other way.

Fourth: A touch of yellow-green

The best state is between the above, and the specific preference is personal preference.

At this point you can understand that the algae nutrients in your tank are still abundant and more suitable for balance (not too thin, nor green or brown).

In this time, is the most suitable for the SPS color increase environment, your coral color is exactly for thick or light color, that the colors will not deviate too much, and the health also will be good.

If you can keep the color, that it is no more difficult for you to raise SPS, and then it is about the details and how long you can keep.

I have seen so many people's tank, most of their tank either green or brown of their tank wall. The result is obviously unsatisfactory, now I believe that you have already know the greatly mystery of color increase. It is not a potion, but because of your primary and secondary relations directly wrong.

Ok, today is about the status of the four species of algae, the algae state of the tank wall is the most basic premise of coral growth and color increase and reference index, you can according to their own situation slowly fine-tuning, will give you a great surprise.

So why does my tank wall look a touch of yellow-green, the color increase of coral can not work?

This series is really interesting, the next article we continue to step by step, to be continued.........

Orginal: HeTieming
Mr. He accompany you to play with saltwater

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back