SPS Cutters

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So where do you find some good quality and priced cutters for SPS? Something that wont rust out on you, like titanium cutters ideally

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I got mine from BRS a couple yrs ago. Ive also used toe nail clippers from walmart they rust but I got get around a yr out of them if rinse the with FW after each use

Corigan

Reef-A-Holic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my bonecutters and coral prop tools from keen reef. They are a local shop for me, but also a sponsor here on r2r.

rosebud161616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Aqua Farms is now selling bone cutters are that are coated in something that makes them black. We saw em at MACNA and they looked pretty nice. They claim they won't rust. I talked to them around Christmas time and that's all they're shipping now so chances are if you buys Boston Aqua Farm bone cutters from anywhere they will be the black ones.

I

inactive

View Badges
I use angled pliers from Harbor Freight. You can pick up a smaller pair for 1.50 and a larger, rubber handle pair for about 3 bucks. I use these for most of my "crapwork" which consists of snapping plugs, cutting through rock and what not. If you clean them, they will last.. I usually throw them away after several uses.

For SPS I usually use a pair of Stille-Horsley Bone Cutters. If you can afford them, get them.

J&O'sdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use stainless steal pig tooth cutters. I rinse and dry them off, and then put them in a bag of uncooked rice. They will not rust this way.

I

inactive

View Badges
I use stainless steal pig tooth cutters. I rinse and dry them off, and then put them in a bag of uncooked rice. They will not rust this way.

Ugh dude, I saw Mike Rowe on DJ cut a bunch of piglet teeth off last night... JEBUS!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back