Sps dieing slowly

Jcrabb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a two year old tank that was growing sps really well. I accidentally used a different salt than my typical on a water change about 1.5 months ago. My parameters went nuts for about a week until I changed partial water a couple of times. Parameters are back to very stable. However, now I’m slowly loosing sps and one candy cane? Lps and softies are fine. I believe the 1.5 week of extreme chemistry change is the reason for my loss. Could it be a pest issue? It weird that it has happened so slowly and not all at the same time. Thanks for any help.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pics might help. And current water parameters. SPS die off may not recover. I usually trim off the dead and frag the living. Mostly digitata, birdsnest, pocillipora. I have no advice for acropora and such.

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a two year old tank that was growing sps really well. I accidentally used a different salt than my typical on a water change about 1.5 months ago. My parameters went nuts for about a week until I changed partial water a couple of times. Parameters are back to very stable. However, now I’m slowly loosing sps and one candy cane? Lps and softies are fine. I believe the 1.5 week of extreme chemistry change is the reason for my loss. Could it be a pest issue? It weird that it has happened so slowly and not all at the same time. Thanks for any help.
First things first. what are your water parameters

OP
OP
Jcrabb

Jcrabb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk 8.2
Nitrate 5
Phos .08