SPS-Dominant Minimalist Peninsula Red Sea Reefer 500

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
Shaka_Reefer

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
I’ve been inquiring suppliers about another zebrasoma, a black longnose tang, that I’d like to add to my tank. I’ve never had one before and I want him to be the biggest one. My current ones are between 3-4” so the black tang needs to be at least 5”

OP
Shaka_Reefer

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
I had to put someone on timeout! :mad: I tried catching with just a net with no luck so I had to remove my rocks. Catching him was fairly easy after that. Now, when should I release him? Or, should I risk it again or sell him? :(
F89B334E-19D0-4734-AB87-8CF1CECB2756.jpeg

Last edited:

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
I had to put someone on timeout! :mad: I tried catching with just a net with no luck so I had to remove my rocks. Catching him was fairly easy after that. Now, when should I release him? Or, should I risk it again or sell him? :(
F89B334E-19D0-4734-AB87-8CF1CECB2756.jpeg
Why not time him out in your other tank and then reintroduce him after a week? By then he is the NEW kid in the block. :cool:

Or wait for your black tang to come and then introduce them together in this tank.

OP
Shaka_Reefer

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Why not time him out in your other tank and then reintroduce him after a week? By then he is the NEW kid in the block. :cool:

Or wait for your black tang to come and then introduce them together in this tank.
That’s a great idea! I’m also thinking about giving him to my friend. He’s got a new 6-foot tank and I know he’ll be happy in there. If I end up giving him away, I have no choice but to get another zebrasoma with the black tang so I’ve also been inquiring about a koi tang hehe :D

OP
Shaka_Reefer

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Whoa such a beautiful build! Excellent placement of the tank as it compliments it's surroundings. Following and can't wait for more progress!
Thank you for following my build! I was going to sell my small tank and replace it with the 500 but I was able to convince my wife that it looks better as a divider between our kitchen and dining room. Well I also said she can have the small tank but you know that’s only partially true haha

Coral in your reef tank?

• Pack in as many as I can get

Votes: 57 13.6%
  • A lot but leave room for growth

Votes: 281 67.1%
  • Less is more

Votes: 60 14.3%
  • Very very few

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Fish only...blah!

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • Other (please explain)