OP
Shaka_Reefer

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s staying put hehe.
It depends, if you can find a healthy specimen it should be able to hold its own against a couple of resident tangs...at least mine did.
since it looks like you’re starting with all dead rock I would personally wait until the biological diversity has increased so that it has something to graze on during the initial phase.
Thanks for the tips! I have to wait 60-70 days before I can add fish because it takes that long to make the artfully acrylic Lid. Then I’m gonna add a couple of smaller fish first: royal gramma, tailspot blenny, yasha goby, helfrichi firefish, and a bluespot jawfish. Did you buy one that’s already eating frozen food and where did you get yours?

OP
OP
Shaka_Reefer

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s going to be a busy week as I’ll be setting up my 57W AquaUV sterilizer and my new Vertex calcium reactor! I also got a kamoer pump and a carbondoser regulator. I still need to buy a 5lb CO2 tank and the Reborn and Magnesium media
17C1B496-6A43-4C11-9587-4FED159FB039.jpeg

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday, I added 40lbs of Tropic Eden Mesoflakes (2.7mm) dry sand.
I love the consistency but it was so dirty. I rinsed it for about 30 minutes using tap water and did a final 5-gallon RODI rinse.
77B4D522-235F-411A-995C-7242AAE1888C.jpeg
Nice! For a moment I thought you’re going bare bottom.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tips! I have to wait 60-70 days before I can add fish because it takes that long to make the artfully acrylic Lid. Then I’m gonna add a couple of smaller fish first: royal gramma, tailspot blenny, yasha goby, helfrichi firefish, and a bluespot jawfish. Did you buy one that’s already eating frozen food and where did you get yours?

A blue spotted jawfish, that’s cool!
Im thinking about getting one of those as well for my new build but I’m a bit concerned about if they can take the standard reef temperature long term.

I’ve had two, a very small one that wasn’t feeding at the lfs but came around after a couple of days and the one I have now that ate both frozen and pellets when I got it.

I’m in Sweden so I’m not sure if knowing the place where I bought it will be of much use :D

OP
OP
Shaka_Reefer

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, looks so freaking sharp!

Oh yes it is! I only have two minor complaints: (1) wish the cords were white and (2) wish they came with white mounting struts but no big deal, I’ll just buy two sets of them from coralvue and paint them white.

OP
OP
Shaka_Reefer

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are so many skimmers on the market and it’s very stressfully trying to pick one. At first, I wanted the maxspect duo, then deltec since I have a deltec in my small tank. But now, I’m really starting to like the bubbleking Mini 200.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back