• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

SPS Frags(BIG) for sale

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have several SPS in my aquarium that are growing out of control and shading some other corals. I need to frag them to make room. The frags I'm cutting are BIG, because I don't want to cut the colony a bunch a times. I have 16 colonies that I need to cut. I will post pictures of the mother colony and the frags. I have bought these SPS from various vendors, but I have no idea at this time what the names of any of them are.

Each frag from the mother colony is $25 bucks regardless of the size. As I have shipped several times to members now. I have a pretty good discount and shipping is now on average $50 to almost anywhere. Updated thread for change. I have fragged 2 colonies so far, but I'm out of putty so will post pics of the mother colonies of others if you are interested until I get more putty to put on plugs.

Mother Colony
DSC_3059-1.jpg

Frags. I have 3. Will have to post more pics
DSC_3081-1.jpg

This is a nice tabling acro with very awesome color. I have these under LED's. MITRAS 6300's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sorry. Dallas TX. I thought It was in my signature. Will correct it.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colony 5
DSC_3093-1.jpg

Colony 6(Middle Coral)
DSC_3099-1.jpg

Colony7
DSC_3110-1.jpg

As you can see in the photos the corals are having warfare and need trimmed. To be honest the corals are not that vibrant right now. I have been slowly increasing my whites on the LEDs and have noticed they have been loosing the vibrant color. They are gorgeous corals regardless. I have now reduced the whites to get them glowing again. If there is interest let me know. Otherwise will probably trade in to LFS for credit. I don't have frag rack and my wrasse's don't appreciate me putting corals in their beds.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have one more coral colony will post later that needs trimmed.

kannon50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! I'll wait till the last colony picture is posted before I make my final list ;)

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the last colony. The whites have drowned this one out allot for some reason. Its a red acro with a orange/yellow/green base. Super stunning acro! It will take a bit to color back up. You will not be disappointed with this one. This was over 100bucks for a little 1/2" frag. Sorry don't remember the name, but I turned the whites up to try and get more vibrance out of it and I should have did the opposite. Oh well. I will be able to get about 2 frags from this one. I have another frag I placed higher in the aquarium I will try and get a pic so you can see the base.

Colony8
DSC_3115-1.jpg

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You have a build threat? I would like to see how you run your setup. Corals look amazing

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.
I actually don't. I was going to put one together and I haven't had the time to spend on it. I had a real big build thread on a different forum and it got deleted. Here is a picture of some of the corals I"m selling now in the mitras thread before I turned up my whites and they grew into each other. I actually purchased the new 6300 pucks back then and I'm trying to dial them in perfectly to the color I want. I think I"m about done now. I don't like the color with more white intensity. I had to see what more whites would do to coral growth and color. I like it without the excess white light and have decided to go back a little less than what you see in the following thread below. It will take about 2 to 3 weeks for the corals to color back up more. Sooner or later I will put something together.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-ghl-mitras-lx7-led.287227/page-7

ReeferIX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mtraylor. I live in Plano but work in Dallas. I would love to stop by and see your tank / frags for sale. I just started I new SPS tank and have been collecting frags over the last 2 months. Please let me know what day / time you might be available to meet up. Here is a pic of my latest build.
0a33249a374d435e2c410c8b4931c230.jpg

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to cut loose some corals. My sps are out of control. I will will do big cut corals for $25/frag each on whatever frag pack. I have allot more colonies than are listed. ping me in you are interested.

OP
OP
mtraylor

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pics I have don't do these corals justice. I will see if I can take some better pics.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back