OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo,I happened to be gifted a BRAND NEW NanoBox duo retro with BlueFish. Ships out tomorrow:

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just gave away my broken duo last year. Too bad he isnt around anymore. Btw…aren’t you on nanoreef? Been out awhile but your name sounds so familiar. Anyway, nice tank. Can’t wait to see the light come together.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just gave away my broken duo last year. Too bad he isnt around anymore. Btw…aren’t you on nanoreef? Been out awhile but your name sounds so familiar. Anyway, nice tank. Can’t wait to see the light come together.

Wait wait wait,is this the NanoFreak I think it is from YEARS ago I used to talk to lol ? But yes,its Reedkid88 from NR.

Thanks bud,well things were going good,then I got dino's things were going okay then I woke up yesterday 90% of my acro frags were bone white. I have one frag of sps and a rainbow cyphastrea left.

Algae is turning from brown to green,gha/cyano is taking over and virtually no air bubbles left in the tank.
20230103_172619.jpg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, it’s me!:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

so….things could be better:face-with-head-bandage: any idea what is going onwith the frags? Lighting looks to be in good shape. Should work out nicely for your tank. What are you mounting it to?

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats CRAZY. I have tried to find you to chop it up numerous times but don't have your number anymore and you aren't actiVe on NR.

Well,I have been dosing NeoNitro/Phos for thr past few weeks to beat dino's and I think it just became too much. Or one of my kids put something in the tank,thats all I can think of.

I know its not lighting,5 bulb t5 9" above the tank,on a 10" deep tank top of scape is about 6" from water surface and I made a DIY led bar. I don't think its lighting. Its gotta be either nutrients but no3 is 2ppm and po3 is .01 or something else. I am going to let the algae go away and then go from there and see how things go. I have SpongePower (silicate) coming today from BRS so when diatoms bloom hopefully they outcompete the dino's or whatever this is.

I still have a nublet acro and cyphastrea from WWC in the tank. This morning both still had flesh.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it’s too much light, or spectrum is off. Idk! could be new tank problems as well.

I plan on doing my first coral order from WWC.

Personally never used sponge power. good luck, hope it helps.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it’s too much light, or spectrum is off. Idk! could be new tank problems as well.

I plan on doing my first coral order from WWC.

Personally never used sponge power. good luck, hope it helps.

Well,I thought maybe the same thing. Then I found a few lux meter apps,found a rough conversion posted by some light guru's here and rough converted,I was getting about 250-300 par at the top of my rocks. Since I can't put my phone in water,I deducted say 15-20% off of my initial readings. Another thing that makes me think it wasn't light,growth. I had increased color and encrusting even within 2 weeks which I thought to be insane.

Then I fought 0ppm of nutrients,then dino's set in which I feared. Took me about 2 weeks of dosing slowly bumping my doseage up every 3 days until I reached where I am currently at. Then everything **** the bed lol.

They are healthy corals just the price is insane. But don't hesitate to order from them. What is your setup these days ?

I am gonna hold off on the silica for right now because things look to be turning around algae wise atm.

Last edited:

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good. I have the Deskmate build going rn. I’m still acquiring all the pieces atm.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped at the store near me going out of business got a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp and a Orange Spotted Goby for $20,I might see if I can find a Pistol Shrimp to go along with him. The Goby already found a hole in the back part of the rock work hr is calling home,which I hope isn't his forever home.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back