SPS Pros - are my frags looking healthy? (Video)

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Refugium light is on 12hrs a day reverse of DT schedule. No SPS coral in my tank since when I lost everything as I was letting my tank settle.
Take out 80% of your chaeto and turn your fuge light on for 18-24 hours. You could also feed a little less.

I’ve never said “don’t do anything”. IMO most sps newbies do way too much worrying about no3/po4 and end up starving them before they get a chance to settle in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sanzz18

sanzz18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take out 80% of your chaeto and turn your fuge light on for 18-24 hours. You could also feed a little less.

I’ve never said “don’t do anything”. IMO most sps newbies do way too much worrying about no3/po4 and end up starving them before they get a chance to settle in.

Oh no, let me reiterate. I didn’t mean I do not do anything. I have done small waterchanges, for all the fish I have (about 20 including 4 tangs and a foxface), I feed 2 cubes of frozen mysis per day and a half sheet of nori every other day. The tangs, foxface, and wrasse I have are all pretty big. The food is gone within a minute when I drop the frozen in. I will do your recommendation relating to the fuge next.

Should I do more large waterchanges? I got
over the number chasing aspect of nutrients the only thing that bothers me is the rate at which my glass has to be cleaned which it never had to be as frequent as it is now.

BirdFish5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through similar super high nutrient issues, and my fuge hasn't been able to keep up, so I am trying one out along side.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no, let me reiterate. I didn’t mean I do not do anything. I have done small waterchanges, for all the fish I have (about 20 including 4 tangs and a foxface), I feed 2 cubes of frozen mysis per day and a half sheet of nori every other day. The tangs, foxface, and wrasse I have are all pretty big. The food is gone within a minute when I drop the frozen in. I will do your recommendation relating to the fuge next.

Should I do more large waterchanges? I got
over the number chasing aspect of nutrients the only thing that bothers me is the rate at which my glass has to be cleaned which it never had to be as frequent as it is now.
Extra water changes are not going to do much unless you do +%50.
I would try the more fuge time first. I know plenty of ppl that light there fives for 24hours.
My glass needs to be cleaned every 24-48hrs.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 159 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.2%
Back