Sps RTNing after Flux RX treatment HELP!!

Mrussell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I treated my tank with Flux Rx for briopsis. Unfortunately I didn’t do enough research and it is definitely having a huge effect on my sps. I have already lost about half, and many that are alive are looking bad. My question is, is there anything else I can do besides water changes and carbon to help remove the Med from my system?

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used Flux Rx, but I have used Reef Flux and the main active ingredient is the same. What is your N03 and P04 at? When I used Reef Flux to kill bryopsis it did cause my N03 and P04 to skyrocket because it killed the bryopsis which had locked a ton of N03 and P04 in it.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I treated my tank with Flux Rx for briopsis. Unfortunately I didn’t do enough research and it is definitely having a huge effect on my sps. I have already lost about half, and many that are alive are looking bad. My question is, is there anything else I can do besides water changes and carbon to help remove the Med from my system?

If your phosphates and nitrates are still testing in the right zones, without zeroing out

You could try some Bio Marine / Poly Filter

OP
OP
Mrussell

Mrussell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphate at .09
nitrate at 10
Haven’t really moved since before dosing. I have been manually removing the algae everyday. Alk went from 8.5 to 8.9, I have cut 2 part dosing to 1/3. I’ll try the poly filter, but I think the damage is already done lost about half of my acros. everything else looks fine. Thanks for the response!

Back