Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SPS Spotlight: “Pearlberry” – Beautiful, Mysterious, And Finicky

1.jpg

The Pearlberry is one of those corals that most people look at and think “It’s soooo beautiful – I’m going to try my hand at keeping SPS!” For sure, this is an inspiring coral – it is one of the most spectacular corals in our system, and we sure do love to stare at it. But as most SPS keepers know, the decision to move to the dark side and start keeping the “colored sticks” is not one to be taken lightly. SPS corals can be very demanding and...

Read more about this article here...

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's one of my faves, and in lucky to have a frag of it back after my first one died!

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is faded and very pastel. I've had it for about 3 months. high flow and light. Any advice here?
P1010666.JPG

What are your nutrient levels? What kind of filtration are you running (i.e. GFO?), ULNS?

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your nutrient levels? What kind of filtration are you running (i.e. GFO?), ULNS?[/QUOTE

Filtration: Sump with Marine pure 8 X 4 , Skimmer Aquamaxx Q2, Filter sock.
(75g) mixed reef
alk 9dkh PH 7.8-8.0 ph CA 420 Mag. 1380 PO4 .11 ppm today (was .06 ppm// 1.5 month ago.
Change was a new protein skimmer (Aquamaxx Q2) 7/3 All other acro's look great 15 others. miami orchid,pinkfloyd, JF blue tide,asteria acro.,ora frogskin plus 3 monti's many others too.

I may just reinstall my carbon and gfo reactors. I use ME polyp extender/NO3PO4X and 2 part alk/Ca.

Many powerheads , effectively 6. One is a tunze nanostream 6040 on one side of my coral garden and another type of PWH on the opposite side.

Last edited:

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is faded and very pastel. I've had it for about 3 months. high flow and light. Any advice here?
P1010666.JPG

Sometimes it just needs to acclimate. The pictures below were taken at 3 months and 7 months. It could still grow faster but the colors have improved dramatically.

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many powerheads , effectively 6. One is a tunze nanostream 6040 on one side of my coral garden and another type of PWH on the opposite side.
It'll probably just need some time. Looks like a tiny little frag, so maybe just has to adjust to your environment.

JFrar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this acro..havnt been able to find a piece though.. @scardall you need to grow urs out...i live in satellite beach. I got plenty of acros to trade for haha

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this acro..havnt been able to find a piece though.. @scardall you need to grow urs out...i live in satellite beach. I got plenty of acros to trade for haha
It took me 2 years to find this one at a fair price. I got it through auctions on FB from Top Shelf in Orlando . On BARS " Pappy : Had this Acro. Look me as terminator their.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back