Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the Eshopps Eclipse S? I have one on my 40 breeder, but I have not set it up yet, interested if its noisy or if you had to modify it in any way.

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find it weird that your ammonia is so high. It looks like you used dry rock and live sand. Where is the ammonia coming from?
Yes, I’m using dry rock and live sand and the ammonia is from Dr Tim also. The recommendations is 4 drops per gallon.

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the Eshopps Eclipse S? I have one on my 40 breeder, but I have not set it up yet, interested if its noisy or if you had to modify it in any way.
Is working great, not noisy at all. I only heard the water from the tank splashing on the sump but I may put a longer piece of pvc that get into the water to avoid the noise but right now is relaxing. I see that other people put a pvc with an elbow on the drain inside the overflow to avoid the sucking noise.

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DD719858-7491-4DBF-8EF5-DEBE0DE9512C.jpeg
6DA8446F-80BB-457B-8843-E48074805D72.jpeg
Just did another test with the Salifert kit and this is the results. Ammonia is 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 25.

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if you have added rock yet, but I would get at least half of your live rock from tampabaysaltwater.com. You should be able to drive over to their store to pick up your order directly. I imagine it is 45 minutes or less of a drive for you and they have the best liverock in the biz by far. Using their rock will help your tank look and act like a mature tank in a matter of days or weeks (in regards to the biofilter of the rock being ready to go, the benefical hitchhikers that come on it that make looking at the rock very interesting, and being covered in coraline as well).

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if you have added rock yet, but I would get at least half of your live rock from tampabaysaltwater.com. You should be able to drive over to their store to pick up your order directly. I imagine it is 45 minutes or less of a drive for you and they have the best liverock in the biz by far. Using their rock will help your tank look and act like a mature tank in a matter of days or weeks (in regards to the biofilter of the rock being ready to go, the benefical hitchhikers that come on it that make looking at the rock very interesting, and being covered in coraline as well).
Yes, I know about TBS, they are great but I went with dry rock and live sand.

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All looks good!, looks like u love diy kinda things!
Thanks, I kinda like to build things myself but in this case I have no choice cuz low budget $$$, two kids and all the house bills. But when I seat on the couch and look at my fish tank and see everything working properly, it make me feel good with the result. I would love to get state of the art equipment but sometimes a little less expensive equipment do the job just fine.

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2EEEA7B4-A305-4EC7-B70A-7036C206B1B0.jpeg
Just testing with the lights, one of my old 30g tank led light but is too small for the 40g.

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just installed the Viparspectra led light. Easy to setup and good for the price.
5C9EA876-E719-4CD8-A1C0-93222D44AA70.jpeg

Dual40IM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey crabs, I have an S overflow on my frag system and it is great. Kinda set it up like you would the Bean Animal just don' have the 3rd emergency drain. I used the piece of pipe it came with and added a short piece to the other drain, set my gate valve so just a little bit of water trickles down the higher pipe. Works really good.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back