OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the new project will start soon. I score a 75g at Petco at half price. Yay....
708A214D-6B3C-4FA0-8EF2-11D134AB03A4.jpeg

Last edited:

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, great build and great looking tank! Curious how you like the Eshopps overflow? I'm considering putting one on a tank I want to build as well and was wondering if you can get them to operate fairly silent?

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Zuma. I like the Eshopps Overflow. As a matter of fact, I will get the M or L model for my new 75g build. Easy to drill and setup. ( make sure you set the template from inside the tank so the water line get right by the rim if is a rim tank.) Is not loud but you can hear a little bit but the water getting into the sump make a more loader splashing sound but it doesn't bother me. I know is a way to lower the little noise and probably @Crabs Mcjones can help you.

Last edited:

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, great build and great looking tank! Curious how you like the Eshopps overflow? I'm considering putting one on a tank I want to build as well and was wondering if you can get them to operate fairly silent?

Thanks Zuma. I like the Eshopps Overflow. As a matter of fact, I will get the M or L model for my new 75g build. Easy to drill and setup. ( make sure you set the template from inside the tank so the water line get right by the rim if is a rim tank.) Is not load but you can hear a little bit but the water getting into the sump make a more loader splashing sound but it doesn't bother me. I know is a way to lower the little noise and probably @Crabs Mcjones can help you.
I've got mine to run so silent, I have to check to make sure the return pump is still functioning ;Hilarious
What I did was I run mine herbie style, a primary drain with a gate valve, and an emergency drain. What you have to do to quiet the unit down is purchase a foot of 1" pvc, and make it slightly longer than the piece that comes with the overflow. You want it so that the water line where it starts trickling into the emergency line is just above the opening of the bulkhead fitting between the outer box and inner box. What happens is an air gap gets in the bulkhead, and all you hear is the water crashing into that and the unit can be rather loud. Doing it this way makes it dead silent. As with any modification make sure to completely close the gate valve and ensure that the emergency can handle your flow and the outside box doesn't overflow onto your floor. And for the sump simply have your drain either right at or slightly below the waters surface. Hope this helps :D

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news :(
The whole 75G tank is tempered so I can't drill the tank. I was considering to do an overflow and return without drilling but I like the way Eshopps Eclipse works on my 40g.

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange, I thought they only made the bottom out of tempered
That's what I thought but I have a friend that told me to do a test on the glass but I called Aqueon and they told me " Do not drill the tank ". The whole enclosure is tempered. My 40g is tempered on the bottom but not the sides. Weird.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you have come a long way in a short period. Congratz on a Very Nice system. Too bad about the 75, But I have a solution ;) Use it as a sump for a 180 gallon;Woot J/K I hope you can take it back.

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you have come a long way in a short period. Congratz on a Very Nice system. Too bad about the 75, But I have a solution ;) Use it as a sump for a 180 gallon;Woot J/K I hope you can take it back.
Thanks Siggy,
LOL, yes, I took back the tank last Saturday without any issue. That's not a bad idea to use it as a sump but for what I want to do will be too big. I'm doing an in-wall tank and can't over 48" lenght. I will check today on one of my local LFS that they have like 3 in stock but I need to ask them if is tempered or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! Is that the 300W VS? I am debating between that and the SBReeflights 32" light. How do you like the new light so far?
Thanks @mntbiker2008
Yes, that's the VS 300w. VS is a great light. I had the 165w before but was kind of small for my 40g breeder, reason why I change to the 300w. I heard that the SBreeflight are also a good light so for the low budget both are good. I think that the SB have couple of more options, like three colors ( blue,red, white). VS only have channel 1 (blue) and channel 2 (white).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back