RubensReef 75G in-wall Build Thread

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, he we go with my 75g upgrade. This build will take some time to finish because involve removing a shower and a wall to be able to work on the stand. I have a closet behind the 40g and removing the shower and the wall will give me an small fish tank room. The most complicated part for me will be work on the wall behind the actual fish tank without moving the 40g. So basically I have to work from inside out where the 75g will be set. Here's a few pics of the project. That is a second full bathroom but we never used the shower. I will leave the toilet and the sink. Haha, the fish tank back glass will be painted in black so nobody can see thru..LOL. Also the closet door will be removed and fill with drywall. If you have any idea, please share with me. Thank you All.

IMG_4271.JPG IMG_4272.JPG IMG_4273.JPG IMG_4274.JPG IMG_4275.JPG

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, he we go with my 75g upgrade. This build will take some time to finish because involve removing a shower and a wall to be able to work on the stand. I have a closet behind the 40g and removing the shower and the wall will give me an small fish tank room. The most complicated part for me will be work on the wall behind the actual fish tank without moving the 40g. So basically I have to work from inside out where the 75g will be set. Here's a few pics of the project. That is a second full bathroom but we never used the shower. I will leave the toilet and the sink. Haha, the fish tank back glass will be painted in black so nobody can see thru..LOL. Also the closet door will be removed and fill with drywall. If you have any idea, please share with me. Thank you All.

IMG_4271.JPG IMG_4272.JPG IMG_4273.JPG IMG_4274.JPG IMG_4275.JPG

Sounds like a plan and a nice upgrade!

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That shower, from a functional stand point, looks almost useless.

The 75g in wall will be much better use of space!

What are you planning for the LSS? any other tanks tied into the system? Such as display refugiem or other specicies specific?

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That shower, from a functional stand point, looks almost useless.

The 75g in wall will be much better use of space!

What are you planning for the LSS? any other tanks tied into the system? Such as display refugiem or other specicies specific?
Well, the shower works perfect but we didn't use at all. I have a sump/refugiem on my 40g but I will upgrade the sump or make the 40g the new sump. What I like about the whole new setup is that I will have everything in one place. I will use the shower drain for a utility sink and will connect the water to my filter system.
Thanks

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the shower works perfect but we didn't use at all. I have a sump/refugiem on my 40g but I will upgrade the sump or make the 40g the new sump. What I like about the whole new setup is that I will have everything in one place. I will use the shower drain for a utility sink and will connect the water to my filter system.
Thanks

That sounds perfect. I had not even considered the usefulness of the plumbing already in place for the shower. DUH!

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds perfect. I had not even considered the usefulness of the plumbing already in place for the shower. DUH!
LOL. :):)
Yeah, took me a while to cook the idea but I think will came out nice. Planning to start working this weekend.

OP
OP
Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats awesome, it will be great. Good luck on your project and can't wait to see process.
Thanks Joel. Will start soon. I just working today on installing my house gutters for my front yard so my wife can work on her flowers garden. !!! Happy wife...happy reefing !!! LOL

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back