Spyglass reactor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
suggestion for a 250 (dt volume)? I ordered two mediums, to run a single medium in each. will that be sufficient, or should i have ordered larrrrrrrge!

Kengar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
suggestion for a 250 (dt volume)? I ordered two mediums, to run a single medium in each. will that be sufficient, or should i have ordered larrrrrrrge!

to clarify, I ordered two medium SPYGLASS UNITS to run one FILTER medium in each unit

afish4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do we get to read the manual? interested in ordering but would like to read up on this. The link above requires me to sign up for a 14 day trial, is this correct?
looking to see what I should be using size wise for 180

Ming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Link for the manual works without signing up or into anything

afish4u

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure why but I was able to get it to work from their website.
so the next question what size is the valve or tubing? can I tee off my return line or will that be to low of flow from and ehiem 1260 and small or medium reactor?

Last edited:

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of the pre-orders shipped yet?

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any of the pre-orders shipped yet?

Best screen name ever.

Yes, we started shipping the first 50 units today. Production is actually ahead of schedule right now and the next shipment will be about 100 units right after Christmas. We should be on schedule to have all of the pre-orders shipped by Mid January which is 2 weeks ahead of what we originally projected.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In a regular reactor my GFO would have already clogged and ceased to flow! My SpyGlass is still running strong and tumbling the media like day one! Love the design.

Bob Loblaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta love Bob Loblaw. For those unfamiliar with Arrested development, say "Bob Loblaw" out loud and then start watching Arrested Development.

Have to say I don't think I've been this excited for a piece of aquarium equipment ever! Can't wait to run Purigen and GFO efficiently.

Mirya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we started shipping the first 50 units today. Production is actually ahead of schedule right now and the next shipment will be about 100 units right after Christmas. We should be on schedule to have all of the pre-orders shipped by Mid January which is 2 weeks ahead of what we originally projected.

I received my shipping notification yesterday. So stoked! It should arrive on Monday if UPS doesn't collapse under all the holiday shipping. Thanks Avast!

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my shipping notification yesterday. So stoked! It should arrive on Monday if UPS doesn't collapse under all the holiday shipping. Thanks Avast!

Indeed, we were concerned about shipping this week but decided it was worth the risk. We were actually able to ship 75 units and are putting the finishing touches on another 100 units that will ship next week.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Best screen name ever.

Really When I contacted you to add a pump to the order you said I was one of the first and would be 2-3 weeks, I ordered rite at midnight. My order has not shipped, There is a bunch of things in that order I could use.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dave,

Believe it or not your order at 12:07 was not one of the first 50 units. It was one of the first 50 orders and we made the mistake of the time quote which was my error. That said, we are finishing up shipping the second batch today and I have yours at the top of the list.

solitude127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AVAST Marine, how do you suggest rinsing media such as GFO or GAC? This reactor seems super easy to change the media, I was just wondering how would one rinse before using it? TIA

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • None.

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.7%
Back