Squamosa or Derasa (Quality Online Vender Input)

HistoryTeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of clam--Squamosa or Derasa--is the best for the aquarium profile cited below and are there any outstanding online clam venders with good prices and reasonable domestic shipping charges? (I already know about LiveAquaria, Algae Barn, and PEA; I am looking for additional sources.) I realize that the clam might outgrow the tank; I can always trade it or sell it or give it away in the distant future.

I have a two year old 20 Gallon long that has coralline algae growing (possible indicator of stable/good water quality). Typical testing indicators: Ammonia: 0 ppm,Nitrite 0 ppm, Nitrate 10 ppm, SG 1.024/1.025. Filtration/water movement: Have an AquaClear 70, an AquaClear 50, and a VorTech MP-10 all running. I do 2 gallon water changes every week and am running a Kessil 150W Ocean Blue and a Kessil 160WE Tuna Blue timed at around 10 hours per day.

KC's CNC Creations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Derasa tend to be the most hardiest and adaptable of clams, if you got one 4" size or larger, it shouldnt' have any issues in your tank, BUT it will require frequent calcium checks as they can suck a 20g tank low pretty quickly as they grow.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back