Squid ink

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is squid ink safe for fish consumption? the squid i used for making my homemade food had quite a bit of ink in its body and turned the food blend dark.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am making a guess here. I am going to say probably not. Squids use ink to distract their would be hunters so I don’t think it will directly hurt them. I am also guessing in an enclosed system it can build up over time. Personally I would not rusk it.

OP
OP
drewwCh

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am making a guess here. I am going to say probably not. Squids use ink to distract their would be hunters so I don’t think it will directly hurt them. I am also guessing in an enclosed system it can build up over time. Personally I would not rusk it.
alright thanks for the advice

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the future, if you have the squid you can remove the ink sack and the pen if you're careful! Otherwise the sack will burst and you'll have to spend a while rinsing the ink off the squid.

OP
OP
drewwCh

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
y
In the future, if you have the squid you can remove the ink sack and the pen if you're careful! Otherwise the sack will burst and you'll have to spend a while rinsing the ink off the squid.
yep that's exactly what happened lol. turns out most of the ink didn't get into the blend, the shrimp, nori and fish were also greyish so.. good news

OP
OP
drewwCh

drewwCh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
y
yep that's exactly what happened lol. turns out most of the ink didn't get into the blend, the shrimp, nori and fish were also greyish so.. good news

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%

Back