SR Calcium Reactor setup... have a few questions about my setup

LakeReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. So I just setup my Waterbox Reef 100.3. I started the cycle this morning with Fritz 900 and Algae Barns Nitro Cycle. You can see all the other equipment I am running in the photos. I have a I have a Milwaukee PH controller with a Milwaukee ph probe to place in the reactor and I have my apex probe in my trigger sump. I have a Milwaukee dosing pump but i think i need one that i can ajust the flow rate. I have a DOS system form Neptune that I can use though if i can configure that one as a continuous dosing pump?

So I am sort of clueless to how to get this thing started and how it works. I have the SR regulator and have watched the setup video like 100 times. Problem is they don't really explain it to the person who doesn't understand how this works and don't really explain where everything goes very well far as tubing and what not.

So do I just follow the setup in video and when I start the dosing pump its going to pull water out of aquarium so I'm assuming I should have extra water to replace that water ready to go? Or do i fill the reactor with sea water?

How does the ph controller work? I included a picture of that controller and it has 2 outlet plugs. From my understanding one is the power for the controller and probe and the one with an outlet on it is what the controller is controlling? Am I right about this? So I'm do I plug the dosing pump into the controller and that turns the dosing pump off when the PH hits a certain number or something or do i plug the C02 Regulator into that controller plug? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME IM LOST AND NO INSTRUCTIONS BECUASE TREES!

Also should i do this now or wait until the tank cycles?

Thanks in advance.

Erik.

calc setup 5.jpg calc setup 3.jpg calc setup 4.jpg setup calc 1.jpg calc setup 2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LakeReefing

LakeReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. So I just setup my Waterbox Reef 100.3. I started the cycle this morning with Fritz 900 and Algae Barns Nitro Cycle. You can see all the other equipment I am running in the photos. I have a I have a Milwaukee PH controller with a Milwaukee ph probe to place in the reactor and I have my apex probe in my trigger sump. I have a Milwaukee dosing pump but i think i need one that i can ajust the flow rate. I have a DOS system form Neptune that I can use though if i can configure that one as a continuous dosing pump?

So I am sort of clueless to how to get this thing started and how it works. I have the SR regulator and have watched the setup video like 100 times. Problem is they don't really explain it to the person who doesn't understand how this works and don't really explain where everything goes very well far as tubing and what not.

So do I just follow the setup in video and when I start the dosing pump its going to pull water out of aquarium so I'm assuming I should have extra water to replace that water ready to go? Or do i fill the reactor with sea water?

How does the ph controller work? I included a picture of that controller and it has 2 outlet plugs. From my understanding one is the power for the controller and probe and the one with an outlet on it is what the controller is controlling? Am I right about this? So I'm do I plug the dosing pump into the controller and that turns the dosing pump off when the PH hits a certain number or something or do i plug the C02 Regulator into that controller plug? PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME IM LOST AND NO INSTRUCTIONS BECUASE TREES!

Also should i do this now or wait until the tank cycles?

Thanks in advance.

Erik.

calc setup 5.jpg calc setup 3.jpg calc setup 4.jpg setup calc 1.jpg calc setup 2.jpg
I just found out neither my neptune pump or that Milwaukee will work lol. I just bought Kamoer pump.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back