Start them young .. food to enhance colouration for Clownfish

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown fishes hardcores ... I have 2 juveniles Picasso Clownfish that I would like to enhance their coloration if I can since they're young ..

What would you feed your small clownfish with? something that you believe can enhance and boost their colour.

Mind you that they're small hence small food recommendation is preferred.
20180304_213056-01.jpeg

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use TDO but I think anything with a high amount of astaxanthin is fine. TDO is the only one claiming to have 400PPM. Anything higher just gets expelled as waste anyway.

sullyman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look into Golden Pearls, used it in home made food, great stuff check out their website.

VP616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on APBreed TDO with Chroma Boost. All the major breeders and farmers swear by it and their results speak for themselves. APBreed makes their pellets in several sizes, so you can feed appropriately according to clownfish size.

You can check with your LFS to see if they are able to order it for you, if they carry Reef Nutrition products anyway. They may be able to get it at a cheaper price since LFS order in bulk quantities.
4796C8BC-9A50-49DA-90DB-E3EC8263982D.jpeg

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2eYhXVJ.jpg

Amazing !!!

Pretty high shipping quote, right? UGH! Was that for priority overnight?

If you call in the order, the shipping will be significantly less. We are working on integrating USPS into non-perishable orders, so we have to rely on the customer to call us. Not an ideal situation, as you can imagine.

For more information on the product and study that was performed by Virginia Tech, please look here:

Also, we do have retail stores that carry Reef Nutrition and they can get it in on their next order. Here is our store locator: https://reefnutrition.com/store-locator/

Best,
Chad

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a quote to Sydney Australia.

Any chance we can get it cheaper down under @Reef Nutrition Chad ?

Wow. Thanks for providing your location; that is very helpful. So it makes perfect sense that it was so expensive for shipping! USPS and calling us isn't going to change a thing. We also can't sell TDO into Australia. Your country has some of the most strict importation rules regarding pet food. More strict than most countries we ship to. We ship our non-viable algae to Australia for fish and shellfish farms, but nothing else.

I wish I could send you sample, but we can't even do that. Hope you find something comparable down there.

Chad

OP
OP
potatocouch

potatocouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes calm down folks .. we're down under here in Sunny Shine Gold Coast Australia :)

Thanks for the input, Chad .. much appreciated!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back