START TO FINISH - INNOVATIVE MARINE 75 EXT REEF TANK

GumDropDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After two years, I'm finally back in the hobby again but with a bigger tank. Yes, 75 isn't that grand but with limited space, this is my best option. As most have told me, I'll quickly grow out of this tank. This is also my first time starting a thread to follow my build. Follow me on the set-up and progress of my 75 gallon reef tank. Research from books, blogs to YouTube has lead me to this point. I fully expect you all to challenge my process and help me learn from my mistakes!

So far I have:

• White Innovative Marine 75 gallon EXT reef ready tank
  • AQUAMAX BioPellet Reactor
  • NYOS TORQ Reactor
  • GYRO Flow Pump(RAFFLE PRIZE
    :)
    )
  • SENEYE Leak Detector
  • RODI Filter(No more LFS visit for top off or saltwater)
  • 2 Kessil lights
Still have more to grab! Wish me luck!

1629598710681.png

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After two years, I'm finally back in the hobby again but with a bigger tank. Yes, 75 isn't that grand but with limited space, this is my best option. As most have told me, I'll quickly grow out of this tank. This is also my first time starting a thread to follow my build. Follow me on the set-up and progress of my 75 gallon reef tank. Research from books, blogs to YouTube has lead me to this point. I fully expect you all to challenge my process and help me learn from my mistakes!

So far I have:

• White Innovative Marine 75 gallon EXT reef ready tank
  • AQUAMAX BioPellet Reactor
  • NYOS TORQ Reactor
  • GYRO Flow Pump(RAFFLE PRIZE
    :)
    )
  • SENEYE Leak Detector
  • RODI Filter(No more LFS visit for top off or saltwater)
  • 2 Kessil lights
Still have more to grab! Wish me luck!

1629598710681.png
Good luck. Any more updates? Pics?

OP
OP
GumDropDan

GumDropDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REEFERS! UPDATE! LETS GO! -

Ive finally got all my equipment which I’ll update you soon on. But here’s a project I’m working on now. My rock-scape.

Like any other reefer coming back into the hobby, I have learned from past mistakes. So after weeks of research and endless videos I’m ready to start my rockscape. I wasn’t quite sure what I wanted this time around but I know I wanted to do something different. I thought about bonsai style rockscape, floating rockscape, NSA rockscape, island rockscape, and even hang off cliff style. I really wanted a floating rockscape but all the reading and videos discouraged this scape for anything larger than 40 so I decided to try out a NSA rockscape.

For those unfamiliar, check out this video

I just finished breaking all the larger rocks and once I get that done I’ll post my end result.

Wish me luck!

Attachments

• AD7AFB3E-3634-4533-A555-6CFCC6FC7269.jpeg
    AD7AFB3E-3634-4533-A555-6CFCC6FC7269.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 118
  • AA7721F0-C830-4A04-89D4-D05E9587EA4D.jpeg
    AA7721F0-C830-4A04-89D4-D05E9587EA4D.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 06839F6F-C7A1-415B-8B70-F6F9EBDFCB85.jpeg
    06839F6F-C7A1-415B-8B70-F6F9EBDFCB85.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 125

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How do you know what plumbing pieces to get? Is that part of the instructions for the tank or is that from whatever sump you end up getting?

OP
OP
GumDropDan

GumDropDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know what plumbing pieces to get? Is that part of the instructions for the tank or is that from whatever sump you end up getting?

There isn’t too much instruction that came with the tank except for the size of the fittings on the return and overflow box. After that you’re on your own.

But yes, it really depends on your sump, you’ll want to make sure you line up plumbing where your return pumps are and filter sock area.

For me I watched BRSTV and got most of my answers there. Here it is in case you haven’t watched it. I also googled images of similar tanks and went from there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 137
OP
OP
GumDropDan

GumDropDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so how the scape coming
Funny enough I wasn’t working on this all day today. It was hard at the beginning I thought I didn’t need glue accelerator. Now that I have it, oh man things are flying by so much easier. I’m not finished quite yet but here is my progress as of today.

Attachments

• E6DE40D5-8B34-4159-B3BC-06C5FDC8426F.jpeg
    E6DE40D5-8B34-4159-B3BC-06C5FDC8426F.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 140
  • 6F40BC1C-6397-439F-A30B-3B8341F5723A.jpeg
    6F40BC1C-6397-439F-A30B-3B8341F5723A.jpeg
    306.4 KB · Views: 157

QuinnLee512

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There isn’t too much instruction that came with the tank except for the size of the fittings on the return and overflow box. After that you’re on your own.

But yes, it really depends on your sump, you’ll want to make sure you line up plumbing where your return pumps are and filter sock area.

For me I watched BRSTV and got most of my answers there. Here it is in case you haven’t watched it. I also googled images of similar tanks and went from there.

Thanks. Just pulled the trigger on the last white 75 ext on IM's website. :) Time to order sump, pipes, equipment, etc.. :)

OP
OP
GumDropDan

GumDropDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

Just thought I'd share an update on my journey. It took me a few years to get my tank wet, but it has finally happened. I was worried about having to move because my landlord was selling the place and I didn't want to have to deal with moving a setup system. Well, I ended up buying the house and returned back to my tank.

Filled it on April 7th, 2023.

Here are some photos of my rockscape before it went into the tank.

image.jpeg

IMG_3685.jpeg

My next step was to cycle this bad boy, I added beneficial bacteria, a few live rocks in my sump and a couple of clowns. This was the fastest cycle I have gone through(6 DAY!!)

Now I'm adding some livestock and bought my first corals are the PDX Coral Market. I am so excited and I have already spent hours starring at my tank, I even moved my work space to my living room so I have a nice view

Here is my tank now, forgive the ugly. Im dealing with diatoms. Patience is rewarded my friends.

image.jpeg

IMG_7449 Medium.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

Just thought I'd share an update on my journey. It took me a few years to get my tank wet, but it has finally happened. I was worried about having to move because my landlord was selling the place and I didn't want to have to deal with moving a setup system. Well, I ended up buying the house and returned back to my tank.

Filled it on April 7th, 2023.

Here are some photos of my rockscape before it went into the tank.

image.jpeg

IMG_3685.jpeg

My next step was to cycle this bad boy, I added beneficial bacteria, a few live rocks in my sump and a couple of clowns. This was the fastest cycle I have gone through(6 DAY!!)

Now I'm adding some livestock and bought my first corals are the PDX Coral Market. I am so excited and I have already spent hours starring at my tank, I even moved my work space to my living room so I have a nice view

Here is my tank now, forgive the ugly. Im dealing with diatoms. Patience is rewarded my friends.

image.jpeg

IMG_7449 Medium.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
Aquascape looks great!

Back