OP
OP
mike89t

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got my new fish eating well and all fattened up. Starting copper treatment on this pair.

4DB2ABD9-5E7F-4090-B1A9-723DA59CE6D0.jpeg

Kraig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK lessoned learned. Next time I try and lower my copper I'm going to do larger water changes. I was doing about 20% and it took several water changes to get levels down below 1.0. I'm thinking of doing about 40-50% water changes next time to speed up the process.

I finally got the Copper down to 0.94 and just dosed my first treatment of Prazipro.
Hey MIke, I see you had started another quarantine.

Not sure if you got past the copper treatment yet or not, but was wondering after that, when you do water changes to remove copper, how long are you waiting between water changes?

OP
OP
mike89t

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey MIke, I see you had started another quarantine.

Not sure if you got past the copper treatment yet or not, but was wondering after that, when you do water changes to remove copper, how long are you waiting between water changes?

I'm doing a 50% water change in the morning and then another 50% water change the next morning.

OP
OP
mike89t

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the two larger water changes over about 24 hours went so much quicker at bringing down the copper levels. Starting PraziPro treatment today.

Unfortunately I will only be able to do one preventative Prazi treatment as work has me traveling for most of December. The two fish in quarantine haven't shown any sign of disease and I don't want to leave them in quarantine while I'm on travel for 3 weeks. So after the one Prazi treatment they will go into the Display tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back