Start your reef tank with a complete system using Red Sea Max-S Aquariums | BRStv Spotlight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dimo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kinda like the faux rear wall in order to hide flow pumps. I'm not a fan at all of pumps on the side (even though that's how I run it like most do). Side pumps take away from the aesthetics IMO.

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the included Red Sea skimmer?

There are numerous rumblings from owners saying that it is too loud and doesn't work as well as expected.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There are numerous rumblings from owners saying that it is too loud and doesn't work as well as expected.

I ran the C-Skim 1800 for a year.
It did a great job, but it's aspiration pump is loud compared to the rest of the setup.

In 2014 my wife said she wanted total quiet, so we dropped in a Bubble King 160 and use the old skimmer's feed line to run a GFO reactor and a Purigen reactor.

I've seen a lot of reefers drop in NYOS skimmers too.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would think they would do something about it.
It works just fine, but the aspiration pump is on the loud side to today's standards. If you have the TV off, then your going to hear the skimmer.

When you look at the complete S-Series setup counting the aluminum stand / built in ATO reservoir's / Built in power center and so on...
Then you just can't touch the price for a custom build that matches the S-Series. There's truly nothing cheaply made in the S-Series and they do look like a fine piece of furniture in your home, instead of an science project.

Bought mine in 2013 and I'd buy it again.

:)

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

SPR1968

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It works fine, but as with other things in the hobby we are always looking for better, and there are much better skimmers around these days.

I personally used the C Skim for around 12 months but then changed to the NYOS Quantum 160 which is light years ahead and totally silent in comparison, and much easier to use. It’s also a lot smaller.

So the C Skim does it’s job fine and it certainly wouldn’t stop me buying another S Series as they are stunning with excellent build quality.

As @GoVols said they are just a beautiful piece of furniture in your home with no wires showing anywhere (don’t look at the back lol!!) and I wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one. Mmmm a predator tank as well maybe! Lol

arhartley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for a fantastic video again brs provides amazing help to all of us who cannot purchase from you across the pond. Being a parent of young children the s-max looks like a great solution to getting a great new tank in a simple way where time is very limited. What alkalinity solution would you recommend for a mixed reef that would fit within the cabinet?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Editing, I just thought it was another office tank and thought ..How do they get an Instant masterpiece like that! Great Job @SPR1968 and @randyBRS..Hey randy How many tanks ARE running over there?

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for a fantastic video again brs provides amazing help to all of us who cannot purchase from you across the pond. Being a parent of young children the s-max looks like a great solution to getting a great new tank in a simple way where time is very limited. What alkalinity solution would you recommend for a mixed reef that would fit within the cabinet?

Thanks! We have the Max S-400 setup in the studio as the normal background for some videos. There's plenty of room in any of these Max-S tanks for a simple 2-part dosing solution or even an external calcium reactor. Personally, I use 1-gallon mixing jugs for Alkalinity and Calcium supplementing for the S-400. :)

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Editing, I just thought it was another office tank and thought ..How do they get an Instant masterpiece like that! Great Job @SPR1968 and @randyBRS..Hey randy How many tanks ARE running over there?

Thanks! I'll let Carlos know you like his work. ;) Last I counted we have around 25 or more tanks running around the entire office and it always seems like a new one is being setup!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! We have the Max S-400 setup in the studio as the normal background for some videos. There's plenty of room in any of these Max-S tanks for a simple 2-part dosing solution or even an external calcium reactor. Personally, I use 1-gallon mixing jugs for Alkalinity and Calcium supplementing for the S-400. :)
Randy,
Your right and I run an (2-Stage) cal reactor in my S-400's cabinet, under the power center.

(lol)
Use the old skimmers feed to push an GFO and Purigen reactor too.

1104171746.jpg

:)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back