Starting a dwarf seahorse tank, wanting to learn

Skoolygirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody!
New here. I have kept saltwater fish, and seahorses, as well as dwarf seahorses in the past, but it has been 10 years since. I just got the go a head to start a dwaft seahorse tank once again from the hubby, Super excited! It's amazing how much things have changed and adviced in the last 10 years.
I set up my tank today to start cycling. I'm reading a lot to refresh, and learning the latest. If anyone has advice they would like to share from their own experiences please share. Thanks

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R!

Many here that have had seahorse tanks!
goofy movie hello GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody!
New here. I have kept saltwater fish, and seahorses, as well as dwarf seahorses in the past, but it has been 10 years since. I just got the go a head to start a dwaft seahorse tank once again from the hubby, Super excited! It's amazing how much things have changed and adviced in the last 10 years.
I set up my tank today to start cycling. I'm reading a lot to refresh, and learning the latest. If anyone has advice they would like to share from their own experiences please share. Thanks
Welcome!

While much may have changed, your experiences are still relevant. There are multiple articles on R2R regarding seahorses. 'Articles' are along top black bar, and you can put in search criteria. Here is one:
Keeping Seahorses in Aquaria #4 - Selecting Your Ponies

Keeping Seahorses in Aquaria #4 - Selecting Your Ponies

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forum. I got started in the salt water hobby with those mail order dwarf sea horses they use to sell. I failed horribly with them. However the salt water fuse was lit. Thanks for asking about the sea horses. Wow it brought back memories. Anyway I’m no help with sea horses. However I’m sure someone on the forum will help you. Again welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
Skoolygirl

Skoolygirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back