Starting a new Biocube 32 gallon nano reef tank.

micahsoft

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I’m new to the forum and to saltwater tanks. In the past I’ve had several different fish tanks. All have been freshwater. For the last 4 years I’ve given a lot of thought to a nano reef tank. Finally decided to go for it, so I’m getting a 32 gallon LED Biocube on Saturday. I’m going to instal a 10 gallon sump/refugium it the tanks stand. Would like to use an overflow box (like the eshopps nano) but really want to preserve the clean look of the hood as much as possible. Any advice on doing this? Also trying to figure out what I want to keep and a clean up crew. I definitely want a pair of ocellaris clowns. Other than that was only thinking 1 other fish. Mostly corals and invertebrates. Ideally I’d like to do green mandarin. I understand the difficulty in feeding them, so I want to wait till I’ve had some time with the tank and maybe talk myself out of it. Willing to keep multiple coepod cultures and try training to accept prepared foods. My LFS has had some success with this, so I’ve been talking with the owner. Other than that I’m pretty open to suggestions. I’ll try and attach a file with some basic ideas I’ve been looking at. Sorry this is so long. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Tank.pdf
    7.6 MB · Views: 108
OP
OP
micahsoft

micahsoft

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, the attachment got a little distorted. I don’t own any photos. The tank is a Biocube I really liked the aquascape for. The corals are just ones I liked but need to do more research on (and see if my LFS carries them)

SaltFishTV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why make a sump for it? It runs fine all stock! That’s how I run mine, if you want to check it out here are some videos:

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just use the “InTank” setup? It’s already a all in one. That’s what your paying for when buying a Biocube.

Fennel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh hi welcome to the hobby you never stop learning from..

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 56 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back