Starting a New Hobby with my Significant Other

O-fish-al

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!
I have a 32-gallon biocube that my SO and I started. This is our very first tank! It's been cycled for a few months now. We have a firefish named Ember....get it?! A yellow watchman goby named Hamilton (like the watch brand), a pistol shrimp named Pistol Pete. Unfortunately, Hamilton and Pistol Pete are not paired. Very upsetting. We used to have a coral banded shrimp named Mike Tyson, but one day we came home and he was dead. Not sure what happened. He basically ruled our tank and ate everything. He was very busy and roamed everywhere. Then one day he died. Rather sad. I want to make sure all of our creatures have a great home and somehow we failed Mike Tyson....

We also have 6 corals and a serious algae problem. Not sure what we are going to do about that. I've created a different thread getting into more specifics on that... Anyway, I've attached a couple of pictures of our tank :)
20180126_132129.jpg
20180126_132132.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes welcome to the new tank syndrome. Brown, yellow and green all over. It will pass as good stuff out competes the ulgy stuff

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.1%
Back