Starting a new tank in Montana

reddjosh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I have a legitimate place to live again and trying to get a new tank going. Figured I'm join R2R and see if i could connect with other folks. I live in Butte Montana and am finding it really difficult to locate any shops that sell reef supplies. There was a great shop in Bozeman but they seem to have closed. I drove up to Missoula a few days ago to check out Reef Missoula and their store front was empty as well. Is there any shops in Montana anymore? Or am i going to have to get all my stuff from PetCo?
Help if you can. Thanks-

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

RedoubtReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I have a legitimate place to live again and trying to get a new tank going. Figured I'm join R2R and see if i could connect with other folks. I live in Butte Montana and am finding it really difficult to locate any shops that sell reef supplies. There was a great shop in Bozeman but they seem to have closed. I drove up to Missoula a few days ago to check out Reef Missoula and their store front was empty as well. Is there any shops in Montana anymore? Or am i going to have to get all my stuff from PetCo?
Help if you can. Thanks-
Welcome! I'm in the same situation with Petco being the nearest supplier for saltwater fish. Our local Petco in Coeurd'Alene is run by some local hobbyists and actually has a pretty good selection. Other wise, it's a 45 minute drive to Spokane.

bigbugoutfitters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Welcome to the reef... :)
I do see a few members here from your area, @bigbugoutfitters is one that comes to mind...;)
Yep, im in montana! Big state though so about 6 hours away from butte! Im up by the Yaak. I haven’t been to the shop in bozeman, but i have bought some things from reef missoula. Knew the previous owner pretty well but he sold it last year. Ive ordered a fish or two from the new owner but ive got mixed feelings about the shop now. Honestly though, I usually go to the couerdalene idaho petco which is actually really good, or spokane washington to the reef store there if i want to buy in person. Unfortunately in Montana it seems to be best buying online. Wish i had a reefstore within 150 miles but i suppose thats a problem with living in the middle of nowhere!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back