Starting a New tank with prodibio startup

ShivanshMehra

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys ,

I am Shivansh From India. I have been into Aquarium hobby since I was a child but have always been into fresh water aquariums. This year , I decided to level up and start Fish only salt water tank. My goal is to create a Hermes clown tank .

In India , there are very few people keeping marine aquariums and have very few products to look into . Seeing this I ordered Prodibio Startup and thought to go ahead with it.

After setting up my aquarium , with dry rock ( AF rock) and dry sand ( live sand and rocks are banned in India) , I let the tank rest for a day or two . After that I added prodibio startup ( 2 vials of bio digest & 1 vial of Stop Ammo , unfortunately I broke 1 so had to go with one ) . The tank size is small , about 20 Gallons without sump and with sump it is about 25 Gallons.

As per the instructions on Prodibio after reconfirming it from them on there official website , I added 1pair chromis and let the tank move on with cycle.

Here are the reading with API Test Kit.

Day 1 : After adding Fish

Salanity : 1.27
PH : 8.2
Ammonia : 0.25
Nitrite : 0
Nitrate : 5ppm

Day 2 :

Salanity :1.27
Ammonia : 0.5
Nitrate : 10 ppm

Day 3 : Today

Salanity : 1.27
Ammonia : 0.25
Nitrate : 10ppm

I know reading all the above threads , that the cycle takes way longer than expected, but just to be sure I am on the right part and to look for a mentor , I am here asking this question.

I know cycling with Fish is a harsh method , but that is what I have available here so had no choice , sorry if I disappoint some people here in this forum .

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back