Starting over? Live rock transplanting.

Decades

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been out of the hobby for almost 10 years and in the hobby back then for almost 10 years. But the equipment and nutrients options make me feel completely like a noob! I've had a 36 bow front up and running for over a year. I've had some major tank melt downs in that time but have a pretty good handle on it now. I just decided to upgrade and go with a Waterbox 70.3 and brand new just about everything else. I do have some hair algae that I've been beating with Vibrant. But I am wondering what other equipment and how much of the rock can I transplant and not have a problem follow from one tank to another?

Reef Mania LLC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try to scrape as much algae off with a brush. transfer the water over from the original tank and match the temperature to reduce shock. bacteria is surprisingly hardy.

OP
OP
Decades

Decades

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try to scrape as much algae off with a brush. transfer the water over from the original tank and match the temperature to reduce shock. bacteria is surprisingly hardy.

Gave a real good scrubbing to two of my least hair rocks and transplanted them over. New tank is cycling now which I found to be strange since I basically started with dry rock new sand and new water. See where it goes from here.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 141 60.8%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 65 28.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 83 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.2%
Back