Starting to get sps growth. What do you think?

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning reefer

Just a little background. This is my first attempt at an sps dominant reef. First started 4 years ago a year and a half in after nothing but pure hell the tank crashed. Emptied the tank and cleaned all equipment and was really thinking about selling. I snapped out of that crazy thinking and started it back up 15 months ago. With much better results.

Ok to the question. These 2 pictures are 1 month apart. Do you think this is good growth for 1 month?

20220911_102012.jpg 20221002_105634.jpg

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Good morning reefer

Just a little background. This is my first attempt at an sps dominant reef. First started 4 years ago a year and a half in after nothing but pure hell the tank crashed. Emptied the tank and cleaned all equipment and was really thinking about selling. I snapped out of that crazy thinking and started it back up 15 months ago. With much better results.

Ok to the question. These 2 pictures are 1 month apart. Do you think this is good growth for 1 month?

Thats good growth! Just give it time. Don't rush it. You're going to have a gorgeous colony before you know it.

reefah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning reefer

Looks great!!!

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you feeding them and how? I‘m feeding most of my Corals ReefRoids.** Shut the pumps off, except for the Emergency Pumps, Spot feed with a Syringe and Long Lee’s Rigid Tubing. I‘ve tried others, without much luck. Just seem to float away, rather than settling around coral. **Stopped feeding some due to overgrowth. My problem is I’m fearful of killing by Fragging.

OP
OP
Upstartreefer

Upstartreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you feeding them and how? I‘m feeding most of my Corals ReefRoids.** Shut the pumps off, except for the Emergency Pumps, Spot feed with a Syringe and Long Lee’s Rigid Tubing. I‘ve tried others, without much luck. Just seem to float away, rather than settling around coral. **Stopped feeding some due to overgrowth. My problem is I’m fearful of killing by Fragging.
The only coral food I feed is reef chilly. All I turn off is my power heads and I broadcast feed with my frozen fish food. I am a big believer is heavy in heavy out. I feed my fish 4 times a day. 3 auto feedings and 1 frozen mixture. Fish poo is awesome for acro I have found but if the tank doesn't have a good bio filter and good export my tank would be nothing but green algae.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back