Starting Triton in 30 days or so and i need an advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kordi83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am waiting on my new sump to start Triton method on my reefer 170. Currently i am using 3 part solution from red sea. The wired is that i have to add only alk. My ca and mg are replenished by the 1g water chamch a day that i do. I am doesing around 18ml of alk a day. When switch over do i add equal amounts of all 4 elements or i have to add as needed?

Thanks.

Ignitros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which version of Triton are you going to start? Core7 full Triton or Other Methods? Fuge or no fuge?

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the triton method you add the same amount of each solution if your changing over too triton then you will be stopping with your 1g water changes and will replace with triton ....if you go too the triton site and scroll down they explain what you should do if your mag or calc are too high or low ...and how to correct it ...

OP
OP
Kordi83

Kordi83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the triton method you add the same amount of each solution if your changing over too triton then you will be stopping with your 1g water changes and will replace with triton ....if you go too the triton site and scroll down they explain what you should do if your mag or calc are too high or low ...and how to correct it ...

So start with equal parts and follow the website if my ca and mg go over. Got it. Thanks.

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

bked180

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're dosing 18ml of alk right now you will be much less than that with Core 7. You will need all 4 equal parts without the water changes. Whatever you do keep the dosing equal for all four parts. I tried to outsmart the system my first go around with core 7 and ended up with issues. Also, be patient with the system as it takes time for your fuge to start taking up nutrients. Good luck! Once it's dialed in it's s great system.

BernieBernard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I am waiting on my new sump to start Triton method on my reefer 170. Currently i am using 3 part solution from red sea. The wired is that i have to add only alk. My ca and mg are replenished by the 1g water chamch a day that i do. I am doesing around 18ml of alk a day. When switch over do i add equal amounts of all 4 elements or i have to add as needed?

Thanks.
Where did you get the sump for the 170 to run triton? Do you have pictures and specs? I would like to do the same as you. Thanks

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 45 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.5%
Back