Starting up a tank after 15 years hiatus

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smart kid.... working at a LFS. It may not have been perfect but you learned a thing or two. Welcome to the fishy family!!
Season 6 Knowledge GIF by Friends

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Its been about 15 years since both my FOWLR tank and me using a forum, haha. When I was a high school sophomore I got a job at a LFS and started saving for a FOWLR tank. I got it all set up and everything was a nightmare, turns out the LFS had poor health procedures and weren't exactly the most educated, and I will admit, being 15 I was pretty impatient and lazy. So this time around I have scowered YouTube and the internet. I've probably watched 100 hours of YouTube from Bulk Reef Supply TV, Mr Saltwater, Reef Builders, Reef Dudes, Tidal Gardens etc. Ive also read a book or two, but they are all pretty old, and read a ton of articles and a few of the starter posts on here. Anyways, I figured this was the next step, and would absolutely appreciate any feedback!

Here is the thread with my start up plan if you want to take a look. the first part is the same as above so you can skip it, haha.

Welcome!

whale GIF

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A belated welcome and hoping you are enjoying the resources on R2R

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 123 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back