Stay in 92 Corner or move to 90???

TCoach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, due to a mistake during a water change, I have to either refinish or replace our hardwood floors.

Because of this, I’ll be moving my 92 corner tank into a trough in another room while the floor work is done. When I reset up the tank, I have 2 options. Keep the reef in the 92 corner or move to a standard reef ready 90 gallon.

While I love the look of the 92, the shape leaves a lot to be desired. It seems to almost require 3 lights vs 2 for the 90. The sump has a lot of wasted space due the the pie slice shape. However, it makes for a beautiful tank.

The 90 is rectangular so the fish have 4’ of swimming length the entire tank. All of the 92 equipment will transfer over. So it’s a 0 cost move. But it is “normal” compared to the corner.

Most of my inhabitants won’t care, but I do have a Sailfin Tang, Longmose Butterfly, and a Melanurus Wrasse.

What would you do?

Thanks!

Arthacker87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I'd run the 90 just because there is more use out of it. Love corner bow tanks but like you said, the weird shape leaves out a lot. That being said I don't think there is a right or wrong, just preference. Set the 90 up (without water of course) and see if you like it over the 92. Also sorry to hear about your floors

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back