Sterilization of Aquarium

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I since I just did a 2 week copper treatment for nothing and had to start over today to do a 30 day treatment. I thought it was 14 days copper and I did a 90%-95% water change with fresh saltwater. So I found out I needed to do 100% water change after 14 days and sterilize the tank to observe/prazipro for 14 days or 30 days of .5 minimum copper.

My question is how do you sterilize an aquarium after copper and ick/velvet? Have see several thing in searching but just want to get this right and NEVER do this again. First time in 20+ years.

Thanks in advance.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use water from a hose and fill it the tank all items, aka, HOB filter, flow pumps, and such, and then I add bleach to it and turn the HOB filter and flow pump on for 24 hours. Then you drain the tank and let everything air dry for 24 hours. This is were the sterilization occurs, then I add water to it again and turn everything back on and let it cycle for a few days.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back