Steve’s led up grade in biocube 29

midgetracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded my bio cube to Steve’s LED ! I really like the light adjustability and the ramp up times to create a natural environment my question is to the other Steve LED users where did you stop when turning your lights up to what percentage ? I know every tank is different and a light par meter would tell me what my par is at the different levels in tank looking for advice to get started my local fish store said they were going to start renting a meter however I would like to get started ramping up before their meter becomes available I started at the recommended starting spot 30% any advice or help would be greatly appreciated !!!

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded my bio cube to Steve’s LED ! I really like the light adjustability and the ramp up times to create a natural environment my question is to the other Steve LED users where did you stop when turning your lights up to what percentage ? I know every tank is different and a light par meter would tell me what my par is at the different levels in tank looking for advice to get started my local fish store said they were going to start renting a meter however I would like to get started ramping up before their meter becomes available I started at the recommended starting spot 30% any advice or help would be greatly appreciated !!!
Include some pics :)

I dont use this type of led. What tank inhabitants do you have (coral type) for me I'd let the coral tell you. Slowly increase over several weeks and watch for positive and negative results and adjust accordingly. Also if all coral is doing well and reacting positively but you have 1 or 2 that aren't, consider moving those coral not adjusting the light. Go with what's best for the majority.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
midgetracer

midgetracer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishy thanks that makes sense ! I was able to be home for about a week and a half My wife had Covid so I was able to watch the tank throughout the day my zoa looked very happy after sunrise with a 90 minute ramp after a few hours they seem to get slightly agitated everything else in the tank seems to be fine so I’m thinking about backing off on the White light and upping the blues to see what happens I’m still only at about 40% i’m sure it’s going to take a while Thanks again

Upvote 0
Back