Steve’s Led for biocube wiring issues

Locutus617

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased Steve’s Biocube 32 LED turbo upgrade system-plug and play with the hurricane x controller and the iridescence booster. The install went well with the exception of the wiring.. the cable with the red dot hooks up to the power supply but the cable that is supposed to connect to the controller looks incorrect it has an 8 opening female connector and it looks like it should have been a male connector. Am I missing an adapter or is there something else I am missing? How can I fix this? I will add photos so this will make more sense. Please help as I have no lights now..
227CE207-346E-4612-9167-C7B13C0A3030.jpeg
514768D4-2F20-4CE6-942F-2128D491301A.jpeg

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I " believe" one is for the bluefish mini the other for the hurricane.

See manual AND links in manual.

OP
OP
Locutus617

Locutus617

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So do I connect the power supply and that smaller connector from the LED into channels one and two then? Upon further research it does look like that 8 hole connection is for the bluefish mini, it goes into detail about the white dot on both the bluefish and the 8 hole connection. The manual and links are not very clear as the power supply is much different than the one in the videos.The cable they plug into the controller has 4 pins. The two pin one connects to the power supply, both had a red dot on them, which will make the fan run.
I appreciate the help

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure why you only show one channel plug.. There should be 4 or at least 2 sets of 2.
Power should be a barrel connector to the hurricane..
Need more of what wires you have.
Generally you shouldn't be able to incorrectly wire it but not enough info atm.

OP
OP
Locutus617

Locutus617

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct it is a barrel connector to power the hurricane. The first image shows the two wires coming from the LED. Power supply, this is the power supply. The smaller 2 female connection plugs into this power supply. Then I am only left with the 8 hole connection which doesn't look like it goes with this controller. Once I am home I can take/upload addition images. Also Hurricane shows a much different wire going into the controller than what I was supplied.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So best guess is you don't have the 4 plug for the hurricane..just the 8 for the bluefish.
Sent the wrong connector harness.

Choice now is to get the right one or "surgery".. which isn't part easy w/ that config.

OP
OP
Locutus617

Locutus617

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the help everyone, I appreciate it! Steve's LED finally got back to me and sent an adaptor. You were correct that the connection I had was for the bluefish, the adaptor cord made it so I could hook the LED up to the Hurricane controller. LED looks amazing and the controller was super easy to program.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%

Back