Steve’s led reviews/opinions

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been looking to upgrade my biocube 29 gallon lights. I have stock biocube lights on and wanna upgrade to led hood. I didn’t wanna remove the hood and ruin the sleek design of the tank. Anyone have Steve’s led’s and like them? I have an anenome that won’t settle in my tank because of my lights so I need a fix soon. (All my other coral in my tank ranging from euphyllia to scolys to shrooms, and a field of zoas are very very happy, but I seem to find the zoas stretching for light. I have a AI prime 16hd on my 20 gallon frag tank that’s cycling as of right now. I don’t particularly love the way to light makes the zoas look. (Might be me being a noob, but I can’t seem to get a good setting for it, and often I can’t even take a pic of the frag without the blue overcoming it). Anyways, are Steve’s led’s gonna make the zoa frags and other euphyllia in my tank looked washed out?
thanks, Tyler.

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a ton of experience here but I did set up my sister biocube 29 with Steve's leds and they seem nice. They'll definitely grow any coral you want.

As for the prime have you tried the presets on their website? Primes don't have the best look imo but they are very adjustable and you should be able to find a spectrum you like...

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have a ton of experience here but I did set up my sister biocube 29 with Steve's leds and they seem nice. They'll definitely grow any coral you want.

As for the prime have you tried the presets on their website? Primes don't have the best look imo but they are very adjustable and you should be able to find a spectrum you like...
Yeah I have been messing with it for a couple weeks now, just heavy blues, and I try to keep the redder look but in the cycling stage and don’t need a abundance of algae.

TerryLowe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I just saw that @TerryLowe has Steve's leds. Any input?
Much brighter than original hood lights, so be careful to slowly increase intensity. Dark areas near the back which is pretty much the same as with the original lights. Good spot for coral that likes less light.
My fan quit working a few weeks after I installed it. I contacted them and they had a new fan and driver sent. I installed those and it’s working great again. Really good customer service!

I would get them again in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back