Steve's 180 of Madness

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. Gave it to family friend, as they were about to make some zucchini bread. They used half for the bread and then at the other half over 3 meals lol. I was at one of those meals and it was a yummy one. Dark green, looked good on the outside and was perfect on the inside. Just an oddity and not an over rippened and overgrown one.

bad thing is, lost about 100 cucumbers while I was away, they shot you in size and were all yellow when I got back. Knew I should have picked them before we left. Would have just had smaller pickles lol.
Can I see a pic of your garden? I’m getting inspired reading about monster zucchini and zucchini bread whaat

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And the rfa are all done with their flush and the iodine dip. I would say they are all healthy, as expected from Russ. All are already digging in and only set them on the sand lol.

DA298AEF-FE42-4EF8-8943-526C1D9C7BFB.jpeg
854A6223-AB09-434B-B425-E1C980BAD8ED.jpeg
355739E9-9CD8-4C39-A15B-2F06607CD7CE.jpeg
4ED3DD65-D75E-4EBF-8C82-38C12E7DCE96.jpeg

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After dinner I plan to place the torches, all the zoas on the rack and the ton that got knocked off lol. Also going to have to rearrange a few things. My long tent plate keeps getting covered in sand from the Talbots. The Florida zoas need to be placed on the rocks, as they are starting to color back up. Not sure I have enough space though lol.

And just look at my slippery dick. Isn’t he cute. The most personable fish in the tank at this point. Maybe he had a rough life before I collected him and he is appreciative for 6 meals a day and an unlimited source of pods lol.

51796F82-681D-46AD-BEAA-A76F4454D218.jpeg

7D4CEA32-5529-40DD-8AF7-BDA023080274.jpeg

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I ordered some stuff from Gulf Coast Ecosystems (live-plants.com) a few days ago and it came in today.

Here is the list.

Halimeda Opuntia
Cryptonemia sp. (I will properly ID once I get it under some light)
Gracilliria sp. (looks like G. parvispora in the bag, another to make sure of when in light)
Halymenia durvillei (dragons breath)
Red Algae Sampler (no idea yet lol)
Udotea flabellum (or posibly U. caribaea. Will have to look at under light to be sure)
and the main reason for the order, 5x common RFA. I needed some common ones for the display sump.

As usual, Russ did a wonderful job on packing all of the items. Everything arrived alive and looks great, even after 2 day ground shipment (ordering from him before, I knew 2 days would be fine). The temp in the bags was 79, yup 79 even in this heat. But, being as my tanks run about 76-77, the bags are floating in the coral QT tank to get the temp down to where I want it. I wish I could tag Russ and GCE in this, but I do not believe they are on here. So, an email and text have been sent to him, as I do it after every order since the orders are always top notch.

Once that is done, the macro will be rinsed in RODI over a mesh screen thingy I made and all critters I want to keep will be quickly removed and placed in a bowl of old tank water.

From there, I will look through it all to make sure nothing funky (tons of orders and never any issues, but this is just me being me lol)

After that, the macro will get an iodine dip, scrubbed off, then a final RODI shower, and then put in the display fuge.

All while this is happening, the RFA will be placed into a container and flushed a few times, get an iodine bath (very light) and then be placed into the tank.

While I know that this may seem to be overkill to some and not enough for others, I feel this is just right for me and the chance of anything bad making it in is very low.

Pics will follow once I get everything situated and in the sump.

But for now, I am about to get going on the above lol.
Good info was looking for some fun macro for the sump. Thank you!

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good info was looking for some fun macro for the sump. Thank you!
Hit Russ up or hit the website up. If you fall out of the 2 day shipping for UPS ground from South FL, he will do a few options, but they are not on the website, have to call or email him. But either way, he knows how to ship stuff and it is always packed well.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done. All items off the rack, hammers moved far enough away from the new torch island, Steve-a-pora got broke in half (opp, but still massive lol), all zoas scattered over the tank, couple of small rocks added for named zoa gardens, and a some other stuff shifted here or there.

Everything is still sort of ticked off. And I now have 3 very large Steve-a-pora colonies. One will be frags for whomever wants any of it.

3FF44C56-6131-4C43-96AD-C829809EAA8A.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back