OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey mister! What’s new and different over here?
I took the 7' tank back down lol. all critters are now in the 180 or the 180 sump.

So, the only tanks up are the BC32 for Chubs the anglerfish and the 180. I still have a 150g tub full of rocks and am keeping those alive and going. I put all of the hairy blennies in there, as they are mean to shrimps and crabs lol.

In addition to that, It is just work and kayak fishing. Crappie is the target species and I have been doing very well. I can limit out every time I go, but I only keep what we plan to eat. No point in stocking a freezer full when I can just go catch them when needed.

This "Slab" was a little over 2lbs.

IMG_8411.JPG

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the 7' tank back down lol. all critters are now in the 180 or the 180 sump.

So, the only tanks up are the BC32 for Chubs the anglerfish and the 180. I still have a 150g tub full of rocks and am keeping those alive and going. I put all of the hairy blennies in there, as they are mean to shrimps and crabs lol.

In addition to that, It is just work and kayak fishing. Crappie is the target species and I have been doing very well. I can limit out every time I go, but I only keep what we plan to eat. No point in stocking a freezer full when I can just go catch them when needed.

This "Slab" was a little over 2lbs.

IMG_8411.JPG
Catching crappie like that never gets old and darn good eating too!

A few quick questions:
1.) How about posting some pics of Chubs? I do not think many of us have seen him? Maybe even an "eating" video!
2.) What type of dye do you use in your hair that hides the grey? lol
3.) Is that big orange whistle for when all the lady fishermen are chasing after you and you need to alert someone to contact the authorities?

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Catching crappie like that never gets old and darn good eating too!

A few quick questions:
1.) How about posting some pics of Chubs? I do not think many of us have seen him? Maybe even an "eating" video!
2.) What type of dye do you use in your hair that hides the grey? lol
3.) Is that big orange whistle for when all the lady fishermen are chasing after you and you need to alert someone to contact the authorities?
1. Give me a bit. I do need to make a video lol.
2. Just for men. But you can still see some grey in my "side wings" aka Rabbi curls if they get too long.
3. Required to have in a kayak in TN. I also have a loud air horn, but it is under the seat. Where I fish, not many people, as not many boats can get past the rocks.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@F i s h y held out on me... :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:
gonna have to meet up soon for fishin' and a chunk of Steveapora...;)
thought about callin ya' ,when I was 80 mi from Louisville KY Sat afternoon
Yup ,wrong turn donkey...:rolleyes::)

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@F i s h y held out on me... :grinning-face-with-big-eyes:
gonna have to meet up soon for fishin' and a chunk of Steveapora...;)
thought about callin ya' ,when I was 80 mi from Louisville KY Sat afternoon
Yup ,wrong turn donkey...:rolleyes::)
He's hoarding it all for himself :)

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Killer tank and fish list! Love it man! I’m doing the same..
Every time I turn around, BOOM! There you are on the same threads I follow. I’m starting to think you might be stalking me. I will admit, though, I kind of enjoy it as I’ve never had a stalker before! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every time I turn around, BOOM! There you are on the same threads I follow. I’m starting to think you might be stalking me. I will admit, though, I kind of enjoy it as I’ve never had a stalker before! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Watching I See You GIF by Travis

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually what it is… I only hit the new post tab.. so you bump everyone’s thread then I see them haha! It works out great! You did all the home work and I can enjoy my picture books! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Don’t have to look through boring ones..

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually what it is… I only hit the new post tab.. so you bump everyone’s thread then I see them haha! It works out great! You did all the home work and I can enjoy my picture books! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Don’t have to look through boring ones..
Yeah, yeah, that’s what it is… now I’m starting to get scared because you felt the need to explain (defend) yourself! You’re going to need better material for a stalker of my caliber. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, yeah, that’s what it is… now I’m starting to get scared because you felt the need to explain (defend) yourself! You’re going to need better material for a stalker of my caliber. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
will smith mystery GIF

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to report on the tank. Sitting on autopilot and doing well. I did make my airline that runs outside larger for the skimmer and got a whopping .02 increase in PH. It did quiet the skimmer down some, which was the goal.

Since tank is full, prepping for the move (at some point), and nothing really needed for it, I have expanded the kayak collection. Rigging out a 2022 Hobie Outback similar to my Old Town PDL 120. Got a heck of a deal on it. The Passport 10.5 started leaking around where the pedal drive goes in, so Hobie warrantied it. The lead time fora new hull was quite long, so I talked to Hobie and the shop where I by my Kayaks and we came to a good deal for a trade in of the new hull and stuff from Passport. This meant I would not have to wait for the hull, as the shop will wait for it. The Outback is a "blemished" model, but you could not tell looking at it unless I pointed out where it was not quite bright orange lol. In short, I got an Outback for what it would have cost me to move up to a Passport 12r. Not bad at all.

That brings the Yaks to a Pro Angler 14, a Pro Angler 12, an Outback, and an Old Town PDL120. I may end up selling the Pro Angler 12 and getting another Old Town PDL 120. As good as Pro Anglers are, they still sit a little to tall for rough seas. You do not get as much splash in them, as you do in an Old Town, but the stability of the Old Town is more reassuring. At least for my family. Luckily, Hobie holds its value, so should be an even sell/buy.

Had the Outback since last Friday and it is already rigged up minus some lighting that is left to be installed. The harness I made for the Passport was able to be transferred over to it and I just had to replace the power feed wires to the fuse box, as they were slightly too short. Some other feeds would not reach, but had waterproof connectors midway of the runs, so just made new whips from them to the devices. Modular harnesses take a while to make, but are worth it in the end.

Enough of Yaks, here is the tank.

Steve-a-pora is running wild and growing like a weed. So are the rest of the acros lol.

tempImage8IcVn5.png

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back