Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B7D8FA44-A2A7-4472-A737-78D24EE0F409.gif

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Frank, not sharing the bunny suit pics again…cause I know you’re gonna mention it :p
Somewhere my wife has a pic of me in the same suit that was worn by the kid in "A Christmas Story" for Christmas at her parents house. I had the full hunting beard going too. I need to find that. It is funny as heck.

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somewhere my wife has a pic of me in the same suit that was worn by the kid in "A Christmas Story" for Christmas at her parents house. I had the full hunting beard going too. I need to find that. It is funny as heck.
Yep, that’s what I was wearing…my poor grandmother was mortified… :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, that’s what I was wearing…my poor grandmother was mortified… :face-with-tears-of-joy:
It was 10 bucks at Target. I had to do it. needless to say, she was not thrilled at first, then as the night went on it was quite funny.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes please share

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, if you do not agree with my methods, my stocking list or how I run my tank, move on. This is to document how "I do things that work for me". Questions on these things or the live stock is fine, but I will not listen or respond to junk posted about how I run "My" tank.

*Current Pic to be added once I get back to the house, but for now there is a pic from the webcam looking at the tank. *

Last Update: 06.29.2022 @ 12:24pm CST (Fish in sump and added some I need to get a count of in the DT)

Doing a build for this tank, as the Fish Barn is soon to be no more. This tank has been through about 100 different setups over the years, and even a dual 180 setup sharing the same sump, so will outline a few of those and then the current state of things. This tank will make a move from TN to FL sometime late next year, so figured would add that in as well to show that process once it happens.

The setup currently is the following. Note: I may have missed some things, so will edit if I did and report those edits.

Equipment

Old Marineland 180 dual corner overflow with return over the back and dual full siphons with an E-Drain in each overflow.

Custom display sump (shout out to @Joe Glass Cages for taking a crazy idea and making it a reality)

Simplicity Return Pump (2100DC)

Jeabo UV in line with return. Helps with keeping phyto from going nuts, as I feed the tank alot of live phyto. (newer model and no black sludge yet)

Reef Octopus 110int Skimmer hooked to a hose that runs outside. Mainly used to help with PH and is set to skim very dry, as I am already nutrient limited.

ApexEL (mostly just to monitor things)

2x Gyre 4ks and old style dual wifi controller

3x MP40s using individual MP controllers (Hidden behind rocks on back glass and used to keep the macro flowing and clean)

3x Hydra 32hd

1x Grow light for fuge

Jeabo 4 head doser

DIY ATO

20g high tank as ATO reservoir

Cheap amazon dosing container

Gyre 1k in sump for flow

2x 300w heaters set to 79 and then Apex set to maintain between 77 and 78

Rock

Mix of KP, TBLR, Old Fiji rock that has never been dry, old Marshall Islands rock that has never been dry and a few pieces of BRS Reef Saver to fill in some gaps.

Live Stock (Coral/Nems)

A little of everything lol.

Fish

7” Achilles Tang

4.5” Yellow Tang

4.5” Purple Tang

4” Dussumieri Tang

4” Half Black Mimic Tang

3x Talbot Damsels

2x Springerii Damsels

5x Sunburst Anthias

1x Decorated Goby

2x Pink Spotted Scorpionfish

1x Seaweed Blenny

1x Mandarin Pair (Mated)

2x Tomato Clowns (18 year mated pair)

1x Blue Chromis

1x Slippery Dick Wrasse

1x Leopard Wrasse

2x Moyeri Leopard Wrasse

1x Carpenters Wrasse

1x Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse

1x Katherines Fairy Wrasse

1x Splendid Pintail Wrasse

1x McCosker’s Flasher Wrasse

1x Gold Nugget Wrasse

1x Kuiter’s Leopard Wrasse

1x Yellow Flanked Fairy Wrasse

X Barnacle Blennies

X Hairy Blennies (Think their are 2 that are a pair, as there was some aggression in QT)

1x C. brunneus wrasse (thank you @Crabby48 for helping my dead brain on this one)

Fish in Sump
26 year old Clarkii Clown

3 year old Clarkii clown

2x Pinfish (one is 3" and the other is 1.5")

1x Springerii Damsel

1x Yellow watchman goby

1x candycane pistol shrimp

1x Leaffish

1x hawkfish

~6-7 random blennies from tide pools in FL. Not sure on exact ID, but they look very similar to Goldline Blennies
5x green pistols from FL

Yes that is a lot of fish, but I have zero aggression and do not have any nutrient issues. It helps to have macro that grows behind the rocks and houses pods along with other things. This gives the tangs all the grazing they want and the wrasse a constant supply of food. That combined with feeding 6 times a day even sweetens things a bit. Even with all of that, I have to dose NO3 or it bottoms out lol.

More to be added as this thread progresses, but figured this was a good start.

Crap I need more fish. Sweet following.

OP
OP
Eagle_Steve

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crap I need more fish. Sweet following.
Welcome to the crazy train. Should be some actual updates here in an hour or so once I get home. Plan to load the thread up with pics and finish the fish count. Will also do a little walkthrough via pics of the system.

Not a super complex system, but not quite how it is usually done.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you cannot tell I am on a really long forecasting call right now.

So here is the no name wild acro that started life a year ago as a little brown 3 stick nub.

I think @F i s h y has a frag of it from when we met up @fishguy242 "FishMent"

IMG_7085.jpg

IMG_7044.jpg
older pic ,plug is covered now, @F i s h y dropped here... :)
IMG_20220421_010930_074.jpg

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back