Still active in CO?

MOREEFIN88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just getting back into reefing too. in the process of setting up a 20 gallon Qt/frag tank for the 120 gallon 2x2x4 that i'm setting up. also in Longmont looking for people close bye in the reefing hobby.

OP
OP
pseudorand

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just getting back into reefing too. in the process of setting up a 20 gallon Qt/frag tank for the 120 gallon 2x2x4 that i'm setting up. also in Longmont looking for people close bye in the reefing hobby.
Let's trade frags! I just need about a year for all mine to grow.

OP
OP
pseudorand

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MASC seems somewhat active for trades. I'm subscribed to the buy/sell forum and I get emails every few weeks at least.

Reef171

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anyone in CO active on R2R? I'm in Longmont and returning to the hobby after a few decades. I'd love to attend some local events/club (if such things are ever allowed again) or trade livestock with someone.
Hello all, this is my first post on this forum. I'm in Berthoud. I am basically a newb. I had a tank for a couple years around 2007/08. It was fairly successful, but in no way, shape or form was it because of me. I was far to busy at work and hired a company to take care of the tank. I just purchased an SCA 50g cube and I consider this to be my first rodeo. I'm no longer too busy and plan to do this one all on my own for the long haul. I'm trying to focus on taking my time and understanding nothing in this hobby comes quickly. Before ordering my tank I binge watched so many youtube reefer videos. There is so much information out there on this hobby. It's pretty amazing and slightly overwhelming. I learned pretty quickly there are tons of very well accomplished reefers out there with MANY varying opinions. Since there are, what seems to be, lots of ways to be successful in this hobby, I decided I had to throw all my eggs in one basket and and pick one mentor, youtube channel, and system. I chose for follow Ryan and Randy from Bulk Reef Supply. They seem like great guys and show an enormous desire to help everyone achieve success in reefing. I'll start my first build thread some time over the next month.

kdsmithey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in Fort Collins. Would love to connect and trade/buy livestock from other reefers as well. I am only 6 months in, so I have nothing to offer yet for trades lol.

Any thoughts on great stores in CO? In Fort Collins we have The Fish Crew. I am a huge fan of them.

OP
OP
pseudorand

pseudorand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biggs lagoon in firestone isn't too far away from Ft Fun. Excellent frag selection and friendly folks. A bit on the pricey side, but I think that's just because they have higher end stuff. They've cut me deals before if I'm buying a lot. Besides, if you're in it to save money you picked the wrong hobby.

I've gotten some spectacular deals from Aqua Imports (hammer @$10/head), I think because they're mostly a freshwater store and didn't bother figuring out what some of their stuff was going for elsewhere. But the selection is somewhat lacking for corals.

I assume Denizens of the Deep in Fort Collins is long closed, no? I got my first corals from them 20 years ago. I'm pretty sure I bought a decent size bubble for 30 bucks. Now I can find only tiny frags for just under a hundred. Someone's got to do something about inflation in the aquarium hobby!

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am more than willing to do trades/sell to locals of livestock and equipment. There is a decent amount of people in the loveland area that are willing as well.

Aquatic art is a fantastic store for corals with decent fish. Pretty far south from you though.

kdsmithey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biggs lagoon in firestone isn't too far away from Ft Fun. Excellent frag selection and friendly folks. A bit on the pricey side, but I think that's just because they have higher end stuff. They've cut me deals before if I'm buying a lot. Besides, if you're in it to save money you picked the wrong hobby.

I've gotten some spectacular deals from Aqua Imports (hammer @$10/head), I think because they're mostly a freshwater store and didn't bother figuring out what some of their stuff was going for elsewhere. But the selection is somewhat lacking for corals.

I assume Denizens of the Deep in Fort Collins is long closed, no? I got my first corals from them 20 years ago. I'm pretty sure I bought a decent size bubble for 30 bucks. Now I can find only tiny frags for just under a hundred. Someone's got to do something about inflation in the aquarium hobby!
Ya, that Denizens must be closed. We had great white aquatics (or something like that) a few years ago, but it has closed. I highly recommend Fish Crew, but would love to check out some other stores as well.

kdsmithey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am more than willing to do trades/sell to locals of livestock and equipment. There is a decent amount of people in the loveland area that are willing as well.

Aquatic art is a fantastic store for corals with decent fish. Pretty far south from you though.
That’s great! Is there a club in Loveland or something? How do you all connect?

kdsmithey

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! Ya, the Facebook one wouldn’t be for me... This is probably a dumb question, but what is MASC?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back