Still active?

Hooknit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this club still active or are there any others in or near the Killeen area? Looking to do some swapping in the future.

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think not haha, but, I wish this and the Austin reef club were more active. My guess is the hobby took a big hit during the freeze a few years ago.

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in Austin btw. Perhaps someday my corals will thrive and grow, but no luck so far. I only have a 10 gallon running currently. Not much in it as I am working on a 110 build because 10 gallons are frustrating to work in if you ask me lol.

what size tank do you have?

OP
OP
H

Hooknit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also just blows my mind that there are no local stores here in Killeen. The petco has saltwater but their tanks look like crap and are filled with fish. They also have a frag tank but I have not seem much in there when i have been in the store. I have bought several things from Aqua Dome which is nice but to far away.

LandLockedJones

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love those evo tanks. And the reefers are always cool. I have only my little 10gallon up and running. Well 2 of them since the clowns are in qt.

There are a few neat shops in northern Austin. Still a trip I know. But aquatek and river city aquatics both keep you from having to go downtown.

Austin aqua farms is there as well, pretty close to aquatek. I really like them but their hours are pretty strange. Kinda have to call ahead to see if somebody is around, if you want to go in.

River city aquatics is saltwater only and has some seriously clean looking systems. They sell loads of unique fish, corals and inverts of all sorts. but their stock of goods is not as diverse as aquatek. But you will find all the essentials. Though they have been under construction for some time, maybe they are expanding that side.

aquatek is a fish store through and through. Catering heavily to freshwater systems but they have a sizable saltwater selection with good prices on fish and corals. Also a ton of goods to select.

Austin aqua farms is essentially just an online coral farm that you can go pick up your purchases or just poke around if somebody is working in the shop.

a few of the petco stores around here carry saltwater. So far only one had a setup that I was actually impressed with their tanks. Relatively speaking haha.

Back