Still any reefers in WA?

Nolan Shinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been pretty quiet on the WA side of the saltwater forums. Any Washingtonians still in the hobby?

I'm on the look out for new buddies in the hobby and trades/frags. I'm currently inbetween the Seattle and Bellingham at the moment, with a 155 bowfront mixed reef!

IMG_0760.JPG

Higher Thinking

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will likely catch up with them in the local club. Puget Sound Aquarium Society (PSAS). I'm not sure how active they are, but they cross paths with us further down south once or twice a year. I'm connected with PNWMAS and we're southern Oregon to about Kelso, with the bulk in Salem and Portland.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PSAS seems to be defunct now... their website is just a copyright screen, and I can't find any trace of them online or even what happened to them. So at the moment, I'm not sure what us Puget Sound reefers do to have any kind of community.

Neil Fox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of Reefers in the area, myself included, but their kinda spread out. If you go to Barrier Reef Aquariums in Renton, Natalia, the German lady there sort of organizes a lot of reefing activities. It seems as though many Reefers use facebook. There are a few frag swaps but not like some other areas.

coil1002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been wondering the same thing. Took a break and now wa state is pretty quiet. ReefFrontiers used to be very active and almost all wa state reefers but it is pretty dead now

HexaReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
been wondering the same thing. Took a break and now wa state is pretty quiet. ReefFrontiers used to be very active and almost all wa state reefers but it is pretty dead now
I just got back into it as well.. Been out for 10 years'ish. Went to ReefFrontiers and I heard crickets!! Anyway. I'm here now looking for local networks..

coil1002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got back into it as well.. Been out for 10 years'ish. Went to ReefFrontiers and I heard crickets!! Anyway. I'm here now looking for local networks..
Ya definitely no one over there which is sad 10 years ago it was a great forum. Apparently there was some drama with the mods and one left and took most the forum with them

CaptainsReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Olympia here. Been dabbling for about a year and a half, not doing amazing at it lol. Had a rough start and super gun shy now.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back