Still battling the GHA .. and dosing with Vibrant

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another quick update if it helps anyone. Added some Trochus snails as part of my CUC..
Problem with them is they tend to bulldoze corals.
Also keep track of your po4 and nitrates. Vibrant will bring you to ULN eventually.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another update ... still winning the battle I think!
I'm not 100 percent sure about this, but I'm pretty sure I read that keeping leather corals and SPS is a no no? That the leather corals release toxic stuff for SPS?

OP
OP
ebeez

ebeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not 100 percent sure about this, but I'm pretty sure I read that keeping leather corals and SPS is a no no? That the leather corals release toxic stuff for SPS?
Hi Scdell, Thank you for the reply. I will see if I can get more info on that.

OP
OP
ebeez

ebeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Scdell, So i was just on ReefDudes live stream and posed the question. He said you can keep them on the sam tank but not to let them touch and run carbon.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Scdell, So i was just on ReefDudes live stream and posed the question. He said you can keep them on the sam tank but not to let them touch and run carbon.
It seems to be one of those things. Some people swear you can keep them together, other's swear you cant. I have no idea which side is right. I like my SPS too much to take the chance.

OP
OP
ebeez

ebeez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems to be one of those things. Some people swear you can keep them together, other's swear you cant. I have no idea which side is right. I like my SPS too much to take the chance.
I hear ya.. My Finger Leather coral's a beast now.. really need to either sell him off of frag him out.

BurgerFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 weeks, 4 doses (1ml for 10g) - no results for GHA or Bubble algae, absolutely 0 (zero) effect.

Do I need to dose it twice weekly?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back